Sixaxis "Connection Error!"

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Matqo

Sixaxis "Connection Error!"

Post by Matqo »

Hey guys, I have decided to give ps3 a go for its exclusives but as I am a PC gamer I perefer to play with mouse and keyboard. I ordered a bluetooth dongle from dealextreme (http://dx.com/p/ultra-mini-bluetooth-2- ... ngle-37665) as this one is recommended on wiki page. I set everything up but whenever I Start the emulator I just get a connection error (see pic attached), I also tried bluez stack but no change. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.
Matlo

Re: Sixaxis "Connection Error!"

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

Maybe the reseller changed to another supplier.
Your screenshot shows that GIMX reads "Unknown" as chip version, instead of the expected "BlueCore4-ROM".
What is the output of the command "hcirevision hci0" (without quotes) typed in a terminal?

Instead of trying the bluetooth stuff, and because you are a PC gamer, you should go the DIY USB adapter way (more stable, lower latency).
GIMX creator
Matqo

Post by Matqo »

Hi, here are results of hci:
hci0: Type: BR/EDR Bus: USB
BD Address: 00:--:00:--:--:A1 ACL MTU: 310:10 SCO MTU: 64:8
Build 8891
Chip version: Unknown
Max key size: 128 bit
SCO mapping: HCI
I was going to make a usb one but my budget is pretty tight at the moment so I went for the recommended dongle, If you have any ideas on how to make it work please let me know.
Thanks, Martin.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

No idea. This reseller is not recommended anymore as it seems the dongle chip changed :(
GIMX creator