DIY USB with DF-GT on PS4

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
blauersalon

DIY USB with DF-GT on PS4

Post by blauersalon »

Hey there,

I finally tested the whole Setup and after some tries I finally got it to work on the PS4 and Project Cars. But after two Rounds on the German Nürburgring we decided to switch the car. After this, the wheel sucked damn hard. It did not detect the wheel range (if you steer full to the left, it just detected 100% steer at the point where you steer the wheel 40%). That means if you steer to the left, the game thinks you are at maximum when you steered about 40%. I cant calibrate it ingame perfect. The pedals are working perfect and there is no disconnect after some minutes, like it was reported by other users. The problem is just this steering thing. Maybe it was just a bad day for us. Do you have some clues or hints?

Specs:
Teensy Board: http://www.exp-tech.de/teensy-2-0-with-header-pins-4665
FT232RL: http://www.ebay.de/itm/FT232RL-FTDI-USB ... Swu4BVkJrn
GIMX x86 on Windows Vista x86 with FT232RL Driver and this special USBdriver (at the end of the GIMX Installation) installed.

Steps:
1. Install all drivers and software (LogitechGamingSoftware, FT232RL, USB..., GIMX)
2. Connect both USB Sides to PS4 and PC when console is OFF!
3. Start Console
4. Press PS Button on the Driving Force GT (NOT THE DS4!)
5. The Console will detect it as a controller.
6. Start the Game -> Play

Everything is fine except this little problem :( It should have been a christmas present for someone, who can't afford the Logitech G29 for PS4. Could you help please?

Thank you for this awesome work!

Best Regards
blauersalon
Matlo

Re: DIY USB with DF-GT on PS4

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

Please post a picture of your adapter.
Please also post a log file produced while the problem happens (select "Messages>Log file" before clicking on start).
GIMX creator