DIY USB Problem

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
thurlesdrunk

DIY USB Problem

Post by thurlesdrunk »

Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone can help me with this problem, I have searched but not found anything similar, details as below, thanks! :-)

Gimx Version 5.4
DIY USB adapter (dummies tutorial) - CP2102 and Teensy 2.0
Console: PS4

Just trying to get mouse and keyboard to work before I try DFGT, getting the following log;

option -l with value `log.txt'
option -c with value `Dualshock4.xml'
option -p with value `COM4'
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
Detected USB adaptor: DS4
using default refresh period: 10.00ms
warning: can't open macro directory C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming//gimx//macros/0 1448222331. 946544, lstick x (3), lstick y (-3), rstick x (-2), rstick y (-2)

No response from WASD or arrow keys etc. Tried swapping tx/rx but won't pick up the DS4 then so I think they are the right way round at the moment. Any help or ideas would be great! I'm sure I probably have missed something or done something stupid!

Thanks guys :-)
Matlo

Re: DIY USB Problem

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
Did you press the PS button?
The default Dualshock4.xml config has no mapped keys. I suggest you to try any of the FPS configs.
GIMX creator
thurlesdrunk

Post by thurlesdrunk »

Thanks Matlo.

That was it, I loaded up an FPS config as you suggested, pushed PS button and works perfectly. :-)
Thanks for your help and all your hard work creating and supporting GIMX! I'm looking forward to setting up my DFGT!

Cheers! :D
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

To get the FFB working you'll have to load the EMUG29PS4 firmware into the Teensy 2.0.
There's a default config for the DFGT, it's called LogitechDrivingForceGT_G29.xml.
You can download it using the "Help>Get configs" too in gimx-launcher.
GIMX creator
thurlesdrunk

Post by thurlesdrunk »

Thanks Matlo,
I finally got a chance to try that last night, FFB worked great!
Only problem I found was random disconnects that I see some other users have also experienced.
I have tried swapping tx/rx, using different cables, checked connections to UART etc. but it still seems to persist. Tonight I will try to dual boot install Ubuntu 14.04 and see if I can get a more stable connection as I have read some users have had better results with Ubuntu.
I will let you know how it goes, thanks again for your assistance and support!
thurlesdrunk

Post by thurlesdrunk »

Tested last night for about 4 hours on Ubuntu (loaded as a dual boot to windows 7), no disconnects. Worked flawlessly :D
It might be the case that I need to use a FT232RL-based adapter to make it work on Windows as you mentioned in a previous thread.
I will stick with Ubuntu I think, I'm using quite an old laptop so Ubuntu is much faster then the windows 7! Seems an easier setup with Ubuntu aswell.
Thanks again Matlo!