This bluetooth dongle list is not exhaustive. Please add any working dongle to this page; don't forget to mention: the chip manufacturer and version, the price and the store.
Using GIMX+bluetooth requires a bluetooth dongle or module that can have its bdaddr (bluetooth device address) modified.
Following bluetooth chips can have their bdaddrs permanently modified:
- CSR bluecore4-rom
- CSR bluecore2-ext
Some Broadcom chips can work, their bdaddrs can be temporarily modified.
You should prefer CSR bluecore4 and CSR8510 chips over any other chips (some CSR bluecore2/3 chips and some Broadcom chips do not work reliably).
Note for PS4 users: you should look for a bluetooth dongle based on the newer CSR8510 chip, which is the first bluetooth 4.0 chip from CSR.
Warning: most of the CSR dongles from ebay/dealextreme don't work because they are counterfeits!
The chip manufacturer and version are displayed in gimx-bluetooth:
WORKS (bdaddr changed permanently)
- BTA-401 / BTA-402 / BTA-406 from Orico (CSR8510)
- Ultra Mini Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB 2.0 Dongle (CSR Bluecore4-rom) (
Recommended,Chinese seller, ships worldwide) (Warning: it seems the chip may vary)
- (Alternative, Chinese seller)
- Sold on Chinese website detail.tmall.com.
- Warning: the chip may have been replaced by a broadcom one (to be confirmed).
- Sold in France by Intermaché for 14.99€.
- Sold on Polish website elektroshop.com.pl for 34,90zł.
- Sold in France by Darty for 9.90€.
- Sold in France by Carrefour for 14.90€.
- Sold in the U.S. by Fry's Electronics for 22$.
- Sold on Amazon and ebay.
- Sold on Amazon and ebay.
- Trust BT-2400p 15542-04 (CSR Bluecore4-rom) (Warning: 15542-05 doesn't work)
- Super Mini Bluetooth 2.0 Adapter Dongle (CSR Bluecore4-rom) (not recommended, the chip may vary)
- Pluscom BT20 (CSR Bluecore4-rom)
- Cellink BTA-3000 (CSR Bluecore2-ext)
- Fujitsu FMWBA-101 (CSR Bluecore2-ext es2)
- EPoX BT-DG03 (CSR Bluecore2-ext)
- LogiLink USB 2.0 to Bluetooth Class 1 (CSR Bluecore4-rom manufactored by Cambridge Silicon Radio (10))
- Sold in Denmark for 35KKR (6$)
- Kensington K33902US (CSR(10) Bluecore4-rom))
- Bought at BestBuy locally in Canada/US (39.99), Kensington also sells Online (19.99)(BestBuy will price match)
- Alienware M18x internal BlueTooth Module (Dell 375)
WORKS (bdaddr not changed permanently, not recommended, can operate unreliably)
- COM1 dongle (unknown reference) (Broadcom chip)
- Dell Latitude E4620 Laptop internal BlueTooth Module (Broadcom Corporation (Company ID: 15))
Notes: Running on a VMware Player (virtual Machine) - Ubuntu 13, 64-bit. Response has a +3 seconds latency
DOES NOT WORK (bdaddr cannot be changed, etc.)
- HP SDCAB-0705 (Broadcom)