OSW Mmos to PS5

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
GeekyDeaks

Re: OSW Mmos to PS5

Post by GeekyDeaks »

dragn wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:17 pm wasnt there a firmware to emulate a thrustmaster wheel to ps4 too? what happend to that
Ok, I had a quick play with this. The firmware was removed from the build script, so I just built it manually and uploaded it to my adapter only to find it wasn't picking up the wheel and pedal axis. I then realised it was advertising itself as a DS4, so I changed it's id to the T300RS_PS4 and the wheel and pedals worked, but there was no FFB. Did a bit more digging as to what was causing this and realised the magnitude of what needs to be done is not trivial. Essentially we need to create the haptic source for the wheel similar to what is already there for the logitech wheels e.g. https://github.com/matlo/GIMX/blob/mast ... ource_lg.c

I'll see if I can find any documentation or example source code for the format the wheel is expecting next week

EDIT: found some initial documentation from the gimx team in the wiki: https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=T3 ... FB_reports - I might put together a skeleton haptic source to allow debugging of what comes out of the PS and see if it starts to make sense
Killamunch

Post by Killamunch »

So I have been using game changers true drive profile which works reasonably well.

Just wondering what settings are you guys using within the GIMX software? Do you change any of the damper and all the other settings within GIMX?

Running a simucube 2 Pro btw. Just want to get the best possible settings.

Surprisingly I have found that when using the GIMX connected to the drivehub the FFB especially over kerbs isn't as good as just having the GIMX connected directly to the PS5. Unfortunately this route means 8 minutes of gameplay...
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

GeekyDeaks wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:16 pm
dragn wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:17 pm wasnt there a firmware to emulate a thrustmaster wheel to ps4 too? what happend to that
Ok, I had a quick play with this. The firmware was removed from the build script, so I just built it manually and uploaded it to my adapter only to find it wasn't picking up the wheel and pedal axis. I then realised it was advertising itself as a DS4, so I changed it's id to the T300RS_PS4 and the wheel and pedals worked, but there was no FFB. Did a bit more digging as to what was causing this and realised the magnitude of what needs to be done is not trivial. Essentially we need to create the haptic source for the wheel similar to what is already there for the logitech wheels e.g. https://github.com/matlo/GIMX/blob/mast ... ource_lg.c

I'll see if I can find any documentation or example source code for the format the wheel is expecting next week

EDIT: found some initial documentation from the gimx team in the wiki: https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=T3 ... FB_reports - I might put together a skeleton haptic source to allow debugging of what comes out of the PS and see if it starts to make sense

After some more test, the wheel rotation lag seems resume normal after restart the GIMX and the PC ( so it might not related to your fix.)
but yes the FFB still seems a bit weird on some situation. ( after the curve )

since I am able to use Truedrive to minimize the Oscillation issues, I was rolling back to official GIMX verion.
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

GeekyDeaks wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:16 pm

Appreciate for your help
dvim

Post by dvim »

Got GT7 on PS4 yesterday and spent half a day assembling DIY gimx device for my good old simucube DD wheel. After noticing oscillations around the center started googling for suggestions and found this topic with gimx patch. Will try it out today and report back. Appreciate the effort a lot!
Killamunch

Post by Killamunch »

Let us know how you get on. I'm going to give it a try shortly.
Killamunch

Post by Killamunch »

GeekyDeaks wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:39 am Hi, I added the binary required to my github fork. You can download it here: https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/GIMX/rele ... 8.0-g29c.1

There are some simple instructions with it. It's not the best installation experience, sorry....

One thing to add: from testing in GT:S I have found that whilst this reduces the oscillations near the centre from going wildly out of control, it doesn't completely remove them from all cars or situations. I also found you could induce the oscillations in certain cars by simply remaining stationary and then turning the wheel until the tyres are off to one side and then finding the point at which the game would over correct and start the oscillations off centre, however these over corrections were much more muted than those at the centre so that I was able to increase the 'friction' feel of my wheel so that it more closely resembled the friction of the original G29 and it helped reduce the problem.

Anyway, have a play and see how you get on
I copied the file over into my GIMX install directory. When I launch I seem to be getting libgimxudp.dll missing error? Any ideas?
GeekyDeaks

Post by GeekyDeaks »

Killamunch wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:36 pm I copied the file over into my GIMX install directory. When I launch I seem to be getting libgimxudp.dll missing error? Any ideas?
My initial guess would be a mismatch with the library build versions. I'm assuming you can see libgimxudp.dll in the same directory you put the modified gimx.exe?

I'll be playing with it later tonight, so I'll make a build with all the libs to allow people to have a completely independent version in another directory and not have to keep renaming gimx.exe to switch back.
sakserv

Post by sakserv »

GeekyDeaks wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:57 pm
Killamunch wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:36 pm I copied the file over into my GIMX install directory. When I launch I seem to be getting libgimxudp.dll missing error? Any ideas?
My initial guess would be a mismatch with the library build versions. I'm assuming you can see libgimxudp.dll in the same directory you put the modified gimx.exe?

I'll be playing with it later tonight, so I'll make a build with all the libs to allow people to have a completely independent version in another directory and not have to keep renaming gimx.exe to switch back.
If you are doing a new build, would it be possible to remove the "g29_correction: axis address..." debug output or make the log level configurable maybe? It makes it difficult to see the steering rotation changes with this debug output. Thanks again for your efforts here! I'd still like to buy you a coffee. :)
GeekyDeaks

Post by GeekyDeaks »

sakserv wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:11 pm If you are doing a new build, would it be possible to remove the "g29_correction: axis address..." debug output or make the log level configurable maybe? It makes it difficult to see the steering rotation changes with this debug output. Thanks again for your efforts here! I'd still like to buy you a coffee. :)
As luck would have it, that is the reason for making a new build! I want to take a snapshot of the FFB levels for a reference car+track lap with the G29 so I can try and make sense of what I'd be looking for from the T300RS.