G27 PS4 GIMX Issues

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
nmcp1

G27 PS4 GIMX Issues

Post by nmcp1 »

Need some help from the folks who have gotten this to work. I've got all the necessary parts and have gone through the instructions(http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY ... or_dummies) dozens of time but I can't seem to get mine to work. Apparently I need the version for complete idiot rather than just the dummy.

Here's what I have so far.
Vista 32bit laptop
Teensy with pins
USB Serial Converter CP2102
Various versions of both required cables.
GIMX 32-bit

-I've flashed the Teensy with the atmega32u4.hex file from the EMUG29PS4 folder. To make sure the Teensy was working I tried the blinking program available on Teensy's website. Loaded that without any issues.
-Double and triple checked the connections. Also tried swapping the D2 & D3 pins as well.
-Re-installed Gimx launcher multiple times making sure to also install usbdk as well.
-LogitechG27_G29.xml config file loaded into GIMX Launcher.

From what I've gathered from the non-dummy version of the instructions, I should be able to navigate the PS4 menus from the laptop keyboard.

USB converter plugged into laptop---> Teensy side plugged into PS4--->G27 plugged into laptop.

When I click START on the GIMX launcher the G27 goes through its self calibration process but the log file reads like below:

option -l with value `log.txt'
option -c with value `LogitechG27_G29.xml'
option -p with value `COM7'
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
window_events flag is set
native mode command sent to HID device \\?\hid#vid_046d&pid_c294#6&7fc47b3&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030} (PID=c294)
src/windows/async.c:180 CreateFile failed with error: The system cannot find the file specified.

src/windows/async.c:180 CreateFile failed with error: The system cannot find the file specified.

HID device \\?\hid#vid_046d&pid_c294#6&7fc47b3&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030} not found
ReadFile failed: timeout expired.
can't read packet header
No controller detected.
adapter_detect failed

I'm not a programmer but I am good at following directions.... at least I thought I was. HELP!
Mrgonuts

Re: G27 PS4 GIMX Issues

Post by Mrgonuts »

hi the line
adapter_detect failed
means it isn't seeing your adaptor try with the tx and rx pins reversed see if this says adaptor connected or something like that cant remember from memory

From what I've gathered from the non-dummy version of the instructions, I should be able to navigate the PS4 menus from the laptop keyboard
no with the g27 you'll nave to press the button that is configured as ps button first on the g27
if you go in to configure from gimx you'll scroll down and see which button is assigned as ps button
hope this helps
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
Please post a photo of your adapter.
You also have to install the Logitech drivers.
http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Logitech_Wheels
GIMX creator
nmcp1

Post by nmcp1 »

Mrgonuts wrote:hi
the line adapter_detect failed
means it isn't seeing your adaptor try with the tx and rx pins reversed see if this says adaptor connected or something like that cant remember from memory

From what I've gathered from the non-dummy version of the instructions, I should be able to navigate the PS4 menus from the laptop keyboard
no with the g27 you'll nave to press the button that is configured as ps button first on the g27
if you go in to configure from gimx you'll scroll down and see which button is assigned as ps button
hope this helps
Thanks but I tried swapping those pins but it appears I have a few things to take care of first. Namely Logitech drivers.
Matlo wrote:Hi,
Please post a photo of your adapter.
You also have to install the Logitech drivers.
http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Logitech_Wheels
Thanks for the reply. I'll post up a pic of the adapter later this evening. Also, I was not aware that the Logitech drivers needed to be installed on the PC. I'm also understanding now that the DS4 must also be plugged into the computer at the same time as the G27 and the adapter? If so, this poses a slight problem as my laptop only has 2 USB ports. I'm hoping that a small un-powered USB hub will take care of that problem. Will post back with results later this evening.

Thanks!
nmcp1

Post by nmcp1 »

Thanks for your help folks. The G27 and PS4 are now getting along marvelously! Once I loaded up the Logitech drivers and plugged the DS4 into the laptop, everything fell right into place. Thanks again!