Struggling to get GIMX working on Ubuntu

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
calistig

Struggling to get GIMX working on Ubuntu

Post by calistig »

For starters, I am working with Ubuntu 15.10 64 bit, GIMX 5.6-1 64 bit for linux, and a DIY adapter.

I was able to get everything working on Windows 10, my DFGT worked well in navigating around the UI on PS4, and sometimes works when playing Project Cars, (an issue with buttons working one minute and not working the next). So I decided to try on Ubuntu as some had stated they had few if any issues operating there. Ubuntu is installed and up and running. I have tried to follow the directions in downloading and installing GIMX, which I have been able to do, but for some reason can not get the program to work. At first it kept popping up with a box stating some kind of program error, but now nothing happens. I have tried installing and reinstalling to no avail. So any help in figuring out where I went wrong is greatly appreciated.
Matlo

Re: Struggling to get GIMX working on Ubuntu

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
Please generate a log file (select "Messages>Log file" in gimx-launcher before starting GIMX) and post it.
GIMX creator
calistig

Post by calistig »

Not sure if I'm understanding you right but I can't get the GIMX screen to come up at all to access the log file. I click on the icon and nothing happens. I tried using the terminal using some commands I came across and this is with everything plugged in as they're supposed to; DS4 into computer, DIY adapter micro end to PS4 and USB end to computer, DFGT into computer:

raviator@Porters:~$ gimx --config file_name --port /dev/ttyUSBX
option -c with value `file_name'
option -p with value `/dev/ttyUSBX'
native mode is already enabled for HID device 01:06:01 (PID=c29a)
src/linux/async.c:94 open failed with error: No such file or directory
Check the wiring (maybe you swapped Rx and Tx?).
No controller detected.
adapter_detect failed
raviator@Porters:~$ gimx -c config.xml --status -t DS4
option -c with value `config.xml'
option -t with value `DS4'
status flag is set
native mode is already enabled for HID device 01:06:01 (PID=c29a)
using default refresh period: 10.00ms
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/raviator/.gimx/config/config.xml"
could not parse file /home/raviator/.gimx/config/config.xml: No such file or directory
read_file failed
read_config_file failed

I'll admit not that savvy when using the terminal. I understand there's no config file because none of the GIMX programs comes up to where I can download any configs. As far as the wiring, it worked fine in Windows, it should work in Ubuntu? I'm at a loss

Not sure if there's another log file that can detail what is happening when I try to click on the icon. I'm new to Ubuntu so some things you may have to be a little detailed about but I can follow directions.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

You mean, gimx-launcher is not showing up?
There may be an issue with Ubuntu 15.10.
The only officially supported version is Ubuntu 14.04.
GIMX creator
calistig

Post by calistig »

That would make sense. I will downgrade and try again. Thanks.
calistig

Post by calistig »

So it would seem GIMX is not supported in Ubuntu 15.10 at this time as everything works perfectly in 14.04. Played for 2 hours with none of the issues experienced in Windows.