Fanatec CSL DD to PS3

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
bdr_r

Fanatec CSL DD to PS3

Post by bdr_r »

Hello, I'm trying to use a DIY gimx that I bought with a fanatec csl dd base with the gt dd pro wheel, csl pedals and csl shifter on ps3. Firmware is 8.0>EMUG27>atmega32u4.hex and the game I'm trying to play is Initial D Extreme Stage. I went through and made a config to map all the buttons/axis in gimx-config. In gimx-launcher, output is "GIMX adapter", port "COM3", input "Physical devices", my config is selected, check shows no issues.

When I plug the gimx to the ps3, a message appears in the top right saying "an unknown usb device has been connected". Some input is detected albeit incorrectly in the ps3 home menu (pressing square reads as X, menu scrolls down by itself unless I hold the clutch halfway, etc). FFB not working in game and steering suggests the ps3 thinks it's a gamepad (joystick steering has a large preset deadzone in the game that cannot be changed).

Log: https://pastebin.com/swzVPz2p
DIY GIMX listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/115581142442 (sadly not much info other than "tested on battlefield 4". I bought because the official one is out of stock.)
bdr_r

Re: Fanatec CSL DD to PS3

Post by bdr_r »

update, solution...

initial d extreme stage doesn't actually work with g27 firmware. it seems that on a real ps3, the g27 goes into compatibility mode for a g25.

i changed gimx firmware to driving force pro, and now it works properly.
irxon

Post by irxon »

Hi, I'm using dd pro and also want to get it to work with initial d extreme stage, I'm trying what you've described here but I can't get it to work, would you mind sharing your config file?
Hoplser

Post by Hoplser »

Hi, I'm using dd pro and also want to get it to work with initial d extreme stagedrift boss I'm trying what you've described here but I can't get it to work, would you mind sharing your config file?
Where do you have an error or problem that it doesn't work? Because I'm still smooth.