Queue write error (PS4, DFGT)

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Matlo

Re: Queue write error (PS4, DFGT)

Post by Matlo »

Could you try using Ubuntu 14.04 or Linux Mint 17.2? The result on a different OS may give some clues.
If you buy another UART adapter, I suggest you to try a FT232RL adapter, just in case it is a CP2102 driver issue.
GIMX creator
bombshell

Post by bombshell »

I had time now to install Ubuntu 14.04 in dual boot to give that a try, but I can't get Gimx to start properly. I have reloaded the 5.4-EMUG29PS4-atmega32u4.hex after Ubuntu installation using the commands on the Teensy website.

Log:

Code: Select all

option -l with value `log.txt'
option -c with value `LogitechDrivingForceGT_G29.xml'
option -p with value `/dev/ttyUSB0'
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
native mode is already enabled for HID device 02:01:02 (PID=c29a)
can't read packet header
No controller detected.
adapter_detect failed
I have tried switching Tx and Rx pins, same result. All 3 device connections show up in lsusb command. I don't know what to try, any suggestions?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Could you type dmesg in a terminal and post the result?
GIMX creator
bombshell

Post by bombshell »

I was about to post the dmesg command output, but then I tried one more time to switch Tx and Rx pins and now it worked! Hopefully this isn't a sign that my setup is unreliable here on Ubuntu too. I will play around with it tomorrow and report back.

Here is the dmesg command output anyway, with everything hooked up: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=rLhmhg5A
bombshell

Post by bombshell »

I have played 2 hours yesterday and 2 hours today without any errors or disconnects, so it was a very good suggestion to try Ubuntu. So I guess it was a driver issue for me on Windows.

Thanks again for your great software :)
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Thanks for the feedback. Using a FT232RL-based adapter may be a solution to make it work on Windows.
GIMX creator
tiagovt

Post by tiagovt »

bombshell wrote:Hmm, this is frustrating. I'm still getting the error randomly even with plugging it directly into the USB port.

Code: Select all

src/windows/async.c:118 queue_write: no space left in write queue for device (0)
Can it be my CP2102 board itself? I have this one: NEW CP2102 USB 2.0 to UART TTL 6PIN Module Serial Converter Free Cables

I'm thinking of trying a different one, they are dirt cheap anyway.

A board with only 5 pins, but the 3 needed ones (Rx, Tx, Gnd), can that be used?
I have the same error with adapters FT232RL ,CP2102