Button Sensitivity

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
bjaigorgor

Button Sensitivity

Post by bjaigorgor »

hi developers of this amazing program. wondering if there is an option for button sensitivity. buttons such as R1, R2, L1, L2, etc. not the mouse movement sensitivity.

ex: in Grand theft auto 4, if we hold L2 half way, it will take out your weapon to aim but in free movement mode where you can move around. If we hold L2 full way down, it will auto lock to a target and can't free move
Matlo

Re: Button Sensitivity

Post by Matlo »

The Linux+bluetooth version can control 'analog' buttons, but the only way to get a mid-value is to use an axis (mouse or joystick).
GIMX creator
McKack

Post by McKack »

Using the USB adapter, the triggers are still analog though aren't they?

So in theory (on Windows anyways) you could create a three-step (aim, lock on, then back to no aim) script/macro with Autohotkey to either move a virtual mouse (bound to L2's axis) or use the PPJoy library and virtual triggers (actually a third axis, Z, that goes from -127 to 127 if I remember correctly)

I haven't tried any of this out though so I can't guarantee GIMX will pick up on the virtual mouse of Autohotkey or PPJoy's axis, all I've done are simple SendPlay key macros that DO work however.

Looks like an alternative to Autohotkey on Linux would be IronAHK which may work too. I do not know of any virtual Joysticks for Linux unfortunately.

Similar to the "Stick intensity" feature, I'm guessing a "Trigger intensity" one will be available in future versions of GIMX (which will help in a situation like this)
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

McKack wrote:Using the USB adapter, the triggers are still analog though aren't they?
Sadly, no.
McKack wrote:Similar to the "Stick intensity" feature, I'm guessing a "Trigger intensity" one will be available in future versions of GIMX (which will help in a situation like this)
My initial thought was to bring intensity control for all axes (stick axes + 'analog' button axes), but the implementation cost (design+coding time) was so high that I decided to only aim at stick axes.

Analog buttons = L1, L1, R1, R2, d-pad up, d-pad right, d-pad down, d-pad left, square, triangle, circle, cross.
GIMX creator
McKack

Post by McKack »

Matlo wrote:My initial thought was to bring intensity control for all axes (stick axes + 'analog' button axes), but the implementation cost (design+coding time) was so high that I decided to only aim at stick axes.
Understandable.

Should you ever consider implementing more intensity control in the future though, adding only the triggers would go a long way I'm sure. Perhaps a low-priority enhancement request?

In the meantime, Bluetooth+Ubuntu and IronAHK may be the solution then. I'd give it a go right now but my flashdrive got corrupted so I'll have to re-install Ubuntu.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

McKack wrote:Should you ever consider implementing more intensity control in the future though, adding only the the triggers would go a long way I'm sure. Perhaps a low-priority enhancement request?
Sure, feel free to open a new issue for any enhancement!
GIMX creator