GIMX 8.0 loses FFB on G920 with G-HUB 2020.6

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
H3llR4iser

GIMX 8.0 loses FFB on G920 with G-HUB 2020.6

Post by H3llR4iser »

Hello there - I've been using GIMX to connect a G920 to a PS4 for weeks without issues - played Gran Turismo Sport and F1 2020.

Since Logitech updated G HUB to version 2020.6, however, my G920 loses FFB as soon as I adjust the steering range in G-HUB.

This is the order I'm proceeding

1. Connect the GIMX adapter to the PS4
2. Connect the powered off DS4 to the PC
3. Connect the GIMX adapter PC-Side
4. Launch GIMX
5. Change the steering angle range in G-HUB to the recommended setting in the GIMX window

At this point, the wheel loses FFB; It also becomes extremely hard to turn.

Note 1 - The FFB WORKS if I just launch GIMX and never touch the steering range in G-HUB (but of course, games like F1 2020 are impossible to drive with a 900 degree range);

Note 2 - It was working fine with G-HUB 2020.5

Note 3 - It is apparently not possible to roll back to G-HUB 2020.5 as the installer automatically downloads the most current version of the software

https://pastebin.com/2j0bdJXi
LoneWolf81

Re: GIMX 8.0 loses FFB on G920 with G-HUB 2020.6

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Hi

I have a copy of the 2020.5 installer you can download it here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1crccJw ... sp=sharing

:oops: Not working as expected as its not an offline installer my bad :mrgreen:
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
H3llR4iser

Post by H3llR4iser »

Thank you very much...but that file installs 2020.6.58918 (I tried this on a machine that didn't have any version of G-HUB installed, ever).

Logitech, in their INFINITE wisdom, made it so that the installer always downloads the later release files from their servers - and there's apparently no way to roll back. So if they introduce a bug, you're stuck with it until they graciously decide to fix it.

I am not sure if this is a bug with G-Hub, or they simply changed something in the way it interacts with the OS and that ends up affecting GIMX. I have Assetto Corsa installed on the laptop, I'll give it a try later to see if the issue also occurs when GIMX is out of the picture.

Thanks again!
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Sorry bud just realised they actually pull the latest one with the installer pity they don't make an offline one. Post the results back here after you test it on PC
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
H3llR4iser

Post by H3llR4iser »

All right, I finally managed to test and...looks like it's an issue with G-Hub itself, the very same thing happens with Assetto Corsa PC.

If I Alt-Tab out, adjust any setting in G-Hub, I get back to the game and the FFB is gone. I'm actually surprised I haven't seen mention of this anywhere online. I'll see if I can discover more.

ADDENDUM - I think the reason it's not mentioned anywhere is that pretty much nobody with a G29/G920 on PC uses Logitech G-Hub, which is notoriously buggy/bad. Is there any chance GIMX might not require it anymore in the future? It's a headache we don't need, really...
H3llR4iser

Post by H3llR4iser »

Just an update for anyone else who might be stuck with this - I've been on Reddit and looks like there ARE other people with the same issue, plus some G29 users who have their wheels stuck at ~10 degrees rotation.

How could Logitech release such a badly tested update is beyond me - I've opened a support ticket with them, for now they haven't even acknowledged it.

I'll see where this goes - at the moment, my G920 is a very bulky paperweight.
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Thanks for the update