Gimx freezes on launch

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
LoneWolf81

Re: Gimx freezes on launch

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Try another cable as Cybereu suggested

Did you upgrade from an older version or was it a clean install, can you double check the USBDK version installed currently and do you have the latest Logitech G HUB installed ?
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I would say either the cable or the micro USB port on the adapter is damaged (or worst, both). You can check this plugging both sides of the adapter to the computer, then clicking on start in gimx-launcher. If adapter is working you should see a new device appearing in the device manager (other than the UsbDk one, which is the Dualshock 4). If you seen nothing then try another USB cable. If it does not help closely check the micro USB port on the adapter. If it is loosely attached it is probably damaged.
GIMX creator
stevenrr

Post by stevenrr »

I dont believe its the cable as ive tried two cables, plugging both in the computer, once i hit start it says dual shock not found. I think its software personally as it was running fine when i first hooked it up. If it was a bad port wouldn't it have not worked at all, i can use the wheel and its fully functional, its just to the right about 2 inches.? The reason i say that is ive used this adapter maybe 3 times total. What makes you suggest the usb cable is bad?

Also i did a clean install so the newest usbdk would install.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I read again your posts up to the first post, and realized that in your second post, the log shows that the configuration is empty. If your configuration contains no button/axis mappings, it's unlikely to work, and it is expected that GIMX does not react to inputs.

If you have a Driving Force GT wheel (as per the file name of the config that is in the log), download the config again (in gimx-launcher: "Help > Get configs").

If you have another wheel, check if there is an official config for it. If there is no official config for your wheel, just create one using gimx-config (populate the button and axis tabs).
GIMX creator