Button Layout & Macro

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Biggabertha

Re: Button Layout & Macro

Post by Biggabertha »

Thank you so much, that worked a charm!

(however, I found out that what would've been REALLY smart would be to map the three button presses IN THE GAME to just one button... You know, like any normal person would instead of creating more work for myself... Ah well...)

Also, I just managed to get the quarter circle motion to work in Blazblue. I'll post the macro in case anyone else runs into the same problem:

Code: Select all

#Dead Spike
KEYDOWN s
DELAY 50
KEYUP s
KEYDOWN s
KEYDOWN a
DELAY 50
KEYUP s
KEYUP a
KEYDOWN a
DELAY 50
KEYUP a
KEY 4
Where "a" is left, "s" is down and 4 is cross.

You can probably cut out a lot out in that code but it works and that's the main thing. ("if it ain't broke, don't fix it!") and you can noticeably see the down and left motion happening so it could do with some speeding up I guess... Well, we'll see.

Thanks Matlo and McKack for your patience and help..!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I think you can delete subsequent KEYUP/KEYDOWN for the same key:

#Dead Spike
KEYDOWN s
DELAY 50
KEYDOWN a
DELAY 50
KEYUP s
DELAY 50
KEYUP a
KEY 4
GIMX creator
Biggabertha

Post by Biggabertha »

After a few more days of messing about, I can confirm that it does indeed (the shortened code that Matlo's provided), work by cutting the code down like that for some characters. For others, the input seems to want a bit more delay here and there and it varies if it's used in a combo.

Thank you ever so much for this program! It's helped a ton!

EDIT: I've included the smallest bit of code for Dead Spike's animation (Hadouken, Hadoken) that works consistently for me (for some reason, one out of 20 or so times, it won't work but you don't care if you just press one button to do a string of combos anyway)

#Dead Spike (where 4 is cross)
KEYDOWN s
DELAY 20
KEYDOWN a
DELAY 20
KEYUP s
DELAY 20
KEY 4
DELAY 20
KEYUP a
Blazblue (and street fighter) work at 60fps (frames per second) so it's something like 16.7 milliseconds to a frame (1000 milliseconds to one second, 60 frames per second). The game needs to see/recognise at least one frame of a button input before it can acknowledge this and putting 20 there instead of 16.7 is there just as a buffer. In most cases if you need the input to come out faster, 18 I've found works but 20 is safer for me. 30 works virtually all of the time but for long inputs (such as 360s, 720s and 1080s) it's a bit different.

Generally speaking though, you want to complete any directional input within 100 or 200 frames giving you five or ten "delays," so to speak.

Hope this helps anyone else that needs it..!