DIY USB - Xbox One: No controller was found on USB buses

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
ext

DIY USB - Xbox One: No controller was found on USB buses

Post by ext »

Hello,

I just want to say that I appreciate the work that has been done in creating GIMX. It's an amazing tool.
I have been doing a lot of reading here but cannot figure this out. Hopefully I can get mine working soon >.<.

I'll start with my setup:

GIMX: gimx-launcher 4.1 x86_64
Adapter: DIY USB Adapter (Teensy 2.0 + CP2102 converter as in wiki instructions)[\firmwares-4.1\EMUXONE\atmega32u4.hex] [D2-TX, D3-RX, GND-GND]
Console: Xbox One
Game: N/A (Xbox One Dashboard)
Controller: Genuine Xbox One Controller (Wireless + generic micro USB cable)[libusbK (v3.0.7.0), ID: 045E 02D1]
Mouse/Keyboard: Laptop

Tried CMD & GUI:

Questions:
1. Will Windows 8.1 work with GIMX? I did not see it supported on the wiki, but did see people using 8.1 on the forums.
2. Will any generic micro USB cable work for the controller? I think the Xbox One's official wired version is the same controller but with a fancy(LED indicator) cable. There really is no "only wired" version for this is there?
4. Can I run this using only laptop keyboard/trackpad? I believe I read about the track pad not being compatible, but I should the keyboard be recognized? I am using this laptop simply to test communication between all devices. I intend to run this on a PC with a mouse and keyboard later. (I'm hoping my current issue is unrelated to using just laptop input)
5. Assuming the above questions are answered in my favor, can anyone guess what the issue could be?

It looks like the adapter is being recognized by the software, but the controller isn't?

If all I have to do is connect a mouse and keyboard, I'm going to punch myself.
I haven't been able to so far because my laptop has only 2 USB ports. I will try this tomorrow on my desktop.

I appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Ext
Matlo

Re: DIY USB - Xbox One: No controller was found on USB buses

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

Is your Xbox One controller detected by Windows?
GIMX creator
ext

Post by ext »

When I initially plugged it in, it installed the default driver and I then replaced it with the libusbK driver as on the wiki. In the screenshot I posted, it shows it in the Device Manager under: libusbK Devices > Controller. So windows is recognizing it at least as far as that.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Did you install usbdk at at the end of the GIMX installation?
GIMX creator
ext

Post by ext »

Yes, I installed the 2 supplied drivers with the installation package
WIKI:
The setup file includes the following installers:

CP210x driver - required when using a CP2102 USB to UART adapter
USBDK driver - required when using a console that needs controller authentication
Maybe I can try reinstalling again when I get home from work... But I know I left all check boxes checked.
The_Yoyo

Post by The_Yoyo »

With the original drivers in place, does running joy.cpl show your controller?
ext

Post by ext »

Post by The_Yoyo » Wed May 27, 2015 10:06 am
With the original drivers in place, does running joy.cpl show your controller?
I haven't actually tried that yet. I shall try it when I get home, thanks!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Don't reinstall usbdk if it's already installed. Usbdk has a bug that makes it fail when it's installed more than once.
GIMX creator
ext

Post by ext »

Still having trouble with this. I installed the default xbox one controller driver and was able to see the controller show up on joy.cpl.
In GIMX, if i click check. It shows the controller, but does not run the program any further when clicking start.

I then replaced the driver with libusbK and it did not show up on joy.cpl anymore. Clicked check in GIMX and it did not find any controller.
Clicking start would close the cmd window almost instantly, as it is failing.

Matlo

Post by Matlo »

• Your wiring is correct.
  • Installing the libusbk driver makes Windows unable to see the Xbox One controller. This is expected, and the warning when checking the config is a consequence of this.
I think the problem is due to usbdk. What you can try is:
  • Rename the libusb-1.0.dll file from the C:\Program FIles\GIMX folder to libusb-1.0.dll.bk.
  • Download this libusb package: http://sourceforge.net/projects/msys2/f ... z/download
  • Open it (with 7zip for example) and extract the libusb-1.0.dll file from the /mingw64/bin/ folder to the C:\Program FIles\GIMX folder.
  • Make sure to have the libusbk driver installed, and try to start GIMX again.
GIMX creator