Macro's

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
tarrant_01

Macro's

Post by tarrant_01 »

Just curious if any of you have tried to make a macro to play a game like Resident Evil 5 where everything is very scripted and enemies have predictable patterns? I circumvented the built in macro system of GIMP because it takes way to long to write all that out. I go tthe USB system working in windows and then loaded MotionJoy(i think that's it) also. I mapped all of the keys to match my config and then used Hot Keyboard Pro to record my actions when I played through a very short level of RE5. My problem has been that the replay is never a 1:1 translation. It's usually the movement that is always just a little off which usually has a domino effect. It seems impossible to get it to work 100% of the time. Even the macro that I made for collecting those jewels wasn't 100% every time. I would say it's because I am lazy, but all the effort I put into trying to make this work seems to counter that statement haha. I just like the challenge.
McKack

Re: Macro's

Post by McKack »

Yeah, writing it out by hand the way it is now sounds like a nightmare :) Matlo is working on a proper macro tool so that part of the process will probably be a lot easier in the future.
It sounds like with that many programs in a chain working together there's bound do be some sporadic/random behavior that'll mess things up in the long run. And who knows, there might be some random values in the game as well.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
derek242

Post by derek242 »

Malto, please make a macro program the recognizes ps3 controller button when recording a macro. NOT JUST THE KEYBOARD!
and if your not making it so you can record macros, then at least add commands to write a macro that understands controller button presses.
like, instead of "Key E", i can use "X BTN". like that! this will eliminate having to use a second program to setup the ps3 controller as keyboard keys, and hence eliminate lag.
thank you.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Dereck242, what OS are you using? If you are using windows, I think you can write macros with motioninjoy...

It's already in my task list: link. But each task has its own priority, and this issue doesn't get the highest one.
GIMX creator
derek242

Post by derek242 »

i havent setup your program yet, because as of now it cannot do anything i want. all i want is to use my sixaxis through the emu to the ps3. have macros i can make for repetitive actions in whatever game i might use it for. i dont use a mouse keyboard. in that case, i would just use a XIM.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

derek242 wrote:i havent setup your program yet, because as of now it cannot do anything i want. all i want is to use my sixaxis through the emu to the ps3. have macros i can make for repetitive actions in whatever game i might use it for. i dont use a mouse keyboard. in that case, i would just use a XIM.
I'm not asking if you already got GIMX working. I'm asking what's the target OS.
The only way GIMX currently works in windows (I guess you are running this OS) is with a diy usb adapter (see the tutorial section).

GIMX+diy usb adapter+motioninjoy=sixaxis macros in windows
GIMX creator
tarrant_01

Post by tarrant_01 »

I ended up running GIMX, MotioninJoy and Hot Keyboard pro to record and replay macros. The translation was off when replaying everytimg unfortunately. I was trying to get a macro to replay and entire level in RE5. It just wouldn't work but I thought I would give it a shot anyway.