Send PS3 commands from non-device?

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
ImBrian

Re: Send PS3 commands from non-device?

Post by ImBrian »

Yeah - I had been trying one at a time as well with the same result (with emu running in a different terminal window):

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ emuclient --event "cross(255)"
option -e with value `cross(255)'
using default refresh period: 11.25ms
and no response from the PS3 itself. The emu command does wake the PS3, so it does appear to be correctly synced and sending good data - but have not had luck with the emuclient. The command line additions do also work over a bluetooth connection? Is there a way to have more verbose output to sort out the issue?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

You should not specify '2' as sixaxis index unless there already are 2 sixaxis connected (which would mean indexes 0, 1 are used). The hci0 argument is also wrong (hci0 => 0). Just don't specify these two arguments, the default ones (0, 0) will be used.

The command line additions should work whatever the connection. I fixed that in the announcement.

The emu debug traces being displayed is a regression in the source code. You can send the process output to /dev/null so that it will use less cpu.

emu XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX > /dev/null
I just checked, it works fine on my side.
GIMX creator
ImBrian

Post by ImBrian »

Thanks again @Matlo - you are right - I have it working now. I'm excited to start digging in and getting this working with my web-based universal remote. Your support has been incredible - thank you again (and sorry for the barrage of questions)!
ImBrian

Post by ImBrian »

So I have the controller largely integrated. I am running into quite a few timing issues regarding buttons that need to have a return state. I'm trying to run this command:

emuclient --event "down(255)" & sleep .01 && emuclient --event "down(0)"
And I have very inconsistent results. Sometimes it'll go down one menu item (the desired behavior). Sometimes it doesn't recognize the command at all - and other times, it appears the "down(0)" portion is delayed and it cycles through several menu items.

I don't suppose there's a way to execute these commands with more accuracy? The standard buttons (Cross, Triangle, PS, Start, etc) all behave flawlessly - I'm just having troubles traversing menus.

Video of my work so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbapV3sG7hI

Thanks!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Sleeping 10ms between two commands may not be enough for the console to register the input.

Try something like 50ms.
GIMX creator
ImBrian

Post by ImBrian »

Yeah, I've been playing with the sleep time (from 10ms to 100ms) and the pressure (from 50'ish to 255). It's pretty inconsistent results - sometimes it registers as if I'm holding the button for a very long time and sometimes as if I hadn't pressed it at all. Trying to find that sweet spot, which I think I have pretty close - but maybe every third directional command seems to get 'stuck' and every 10th or so fails to register at all.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Maybe you are having bluetooth issues...

Some people have connexion issues that I wasn't able to reproduce and fix.
GIMX creator
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

The connection issue is fixed in GIMX 1.12.
GIMX creator
ImBrian

Post by ImBrian »

I've just upgraded to Gimx_2.01-1_armhf.deb. In the previous version (1.12), I could execute the "emuclient" command to issue single commands. Has this been removed? Is there documentation on how to issue single commands to this new version?

Thanks!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

You have to run one GIMX instance with the "--src IP:port" argument, and another one with the "--dst IP:port" argument.

http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Command_line
GIMX creator