- Creator: McKack
- Multi-profile: No
- Control layout: Default (Soldier sticks), Default (Soldier buttons)
- W = Movement Forward (Left analog up)
- A = Movement Left (Left analog left)
- S = Movement Back (Left analog down)
- D = Movement Right (Left analog right)
- Space = Jump/Vault (Cross)
- LCtrl= Crouch (R3)
- LCtrl Hold= Prone (R3 Hold)
- LShift = Sprint (L3)
- F = Change Weapon (Triangle)
- R = Reload (Square)
- R Hold = Pick up item (Square Hold)
- E = Interact (Circle)
- G = Frag Grenade (L2)
- 3 = Primary Gadget (D-Pad left)
- 4 = Secondary Gadget (D-Pad right)
- Q = Toggle firemode (D-Pad down)
- T = Toggle laser (D-Pad up)
- Return = Main Menu (Start)
- Tab = Spotting (Select)
- Tab Hold = Scoreboard (Select Hold)
- Backspace = PS button
- Up = D-Pad up
- Down = D-Pad down
- Left = D-Pad left
- Right = D-Pad right
- Left button = Fire Weapon (R1)
- Right button = Zoom in/out (L1)
- Middle button = Quick Knife (R2)
BF3 is known to suffer from aiming problems like jerky aim and snap back. It seems the higher you set the sensitivity in the game, the more it skips (they probably just multiplied a value without any kind of interpolation or whatnot) And on the PS3 there's an annoyingly high input lag when running it in 720p or above. Symptoms would suggest this is most likely because vertical sync is ON in 720p+, which shouldn't be much of a problem normally, but DICE somehow messed up the buffering.
When running the game in 576p the vertical sync is OFF for some reason (evident by the amount of tearing), giving you much more responsive aim.
This has nothing to do with your TV and until DICE fix these problems there's unfortunately little we can do about the aiming performance since the source of the problems are within the game.
As suggested by Theo in this thread, lowering the sensitivity in the game might help some with the jerkiness (25 out of the 32 steps of sensitivity, for example).
Experiment with this as you please.
Despite this I still prefer to use GIMX over a controller in BF3 and I will continue to work on the config.
I'm going to look into vehicle control when I get the time (most likely multiple profiles, sacrificing ADS switching)
A quick fix for now; I made it possible to accelerate or reverse (tanks, jeeps etc.) using the thumb buttons on your mouse.
Last revisited: January 15th, 2012
See this post for a video of the config in action