Note: there is a latency issue with GIMX+bluetooth running on Ubuntu 12.04. If you use GIMX+bluetooth, stay on Ubuntu 11.10 until this gets fixed.
Add "universe" to your software sources
- Start Ubuntu Software Center.
- Click Edit>Software Sources.
- Select "Community-maintained Open Source software (universe)", and close.
Refresh software sources
If you are running from a Live CD or a Live USB, you have to manually refresh software sources:
- Click on the Ubuntu desk.
- In the search area, type "terminal" with no quotes, and hit enter.
- In the terminal, type "sudo apt-get update" with no quotes, and hit enter.