GIMX 3 Controllers 1 Nintendo Switch?

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
Jayco

GIMX 3 Controllers 1 Nintendo Switch?

Post by Jayco »

Hey everyone!

I'm looking for some quick info before purchasing (from a search the answer I could find was "yes" but no other information) :)

It is Possible to use 3 PC xhid inputs using a GIMX or Multiple GIMXs to one Nintendo Switch?

The reason for this is I am using a Titan One adapter to do this with 1 controller to allow one friend over Parsec play with me over the internet. the Titan One nor program allow multiple devices without overly complicated work arounds with virtual machines.. The other option is 3 Titan Two adapters but they are £200 each..

Anyway, Parsec Soda allows you to start several Xhid inputs so you don't have to wait for input from a connected client for the xhid to appear and you can pre-bind the xhid to a program.

Thanks for any info!
SteamController

Re: GIMX 3 Controllers 1 Nintendo Switch?

Post by SteamController »

Jayco wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:49 am Hey everyone!

I'm looking for some quick info before purchasing (from a search the answer I could find was "yes" but no other information) :)

It is Possible to use 3 PC xhid inputs using a GIMX or Multiple GIMXs to one Nintendo Switch?

The reason for this is I am using a Titan One adapter to do this with 1 controller to allow one friend over Parsec play with me over the internet. the Titan One nor program allow multiple devices without overly complicated work arounds with virtual machines.. The other option is 3 Titan Two adapters but they are £200 each..

Anyway, Parsec Soda allows you to start several Xhid inputs so you don't have to wait for input from a connected client for the xhid to appear and you can pre-bind the xhid to a program.

Thanks for any info!
Hi there :D

Yes -- you can use multiple input controllers which output to one GIMX (for example, an XBOX 360 controller + some buttons on a Keyboard being translated into 1 GIMX for Player 1 controls). For Player 2 controls, you will need another GIMX adapter, but again, controllers may be mapped how you like.

Now as for Nintendo Switch, GIMX sadly doesn't support Nintendo Switch officially yet -- but the good news is, someone made a fork on Github getting Nintendo Switch support working. See: https://forum.gimx.fr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3529
-- -- --
:mrgreen: Michael from USA here. I'm selling GIMX USB adapters on eBay and Etsy!
Compact design supporting modern USB-C cables. :P