GIMX does'nt want to work... I desperatly need Help

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
ckaiycool

Re: GIMX does'nt want to work... I desperatly need Help

Post by ckaiycool »

You could try to reset windows through system recovery. Just make sure you choose the "keep files" option. This will remove all apps and make your windows like new installed.
Also move all your things you want to keep thats on C drive.
Aikimaniac

Post by Aikimaniac »

ckaiycool wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:23 am You could try to reset windows through system recovery. Just make sure you choose the "keep files" option. This will remove all apps and make your windows like new installed.
Also move all your things you want to keep thats on C drive.
I was afraid you’d say that lol…
That is exactly the step I was the most afraid to do…
Don’t know if there are other stuff to try before hand or not?
Last edited by Aikimaniac on Wed May 03, 2023 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aikimaniac

Post by Aikimaniac »

Hello Guys!!!

I have some great news!!!

Tweaking after Tweaking I've managed to make it work after all !!!
I didn't have to reinstall Windows after all (phew...!)

It wasn't easy or straight forward at all but hey the result seems to be here...

It was a step by step process and I don't really know what had really unlocked the problem but just for people having troubles like me, I will describe it here so if anyone encounters the same issue it could maybe be helpfull:

1/ No Dualshock 4 on USB port prompt
Little bit of tweaking with a Dualshock 4, plugged a real dualshock 4 onto the PC, Tweaked a little in "trying" to install the drivers... and I magically stop having the prompt. (During this process I have also tried to install older versions, re-install Gimx in another account in Windows etc...)

2/ Impossibility to upload firmware no matter how I did
On my Laptop the process was pretty much straight forward but on my PC it was way more tricky, I had to have a very specific timing to plug out the Adapter and re-plug it, but after many tries I happen to get it right... (I am sure the many tweaks before-hand helped somehow though...)

3/ Finally I got the PC to see a G29 poping out!
At first It was in the non specified peripherals list in windows... So it wasn't detected in the controllers list of windows...
I checked out the driver and it had only one driver listed while the real G29 had a bunch of drivers associated (fortunatly I own a real G29 so I could compare)
I tweaked again, and "tried" to update the driver on the emulated G29. A prompt said that I already had the best driver installed while it wasn't the case, but after some efforts persevering, it appeared to be working (I isolated all the related drivers from C:Windows/Sys32/Drivers and copy pasted them in another folder and redirected the driver update onto this new folder, don't know if it really helped or not...)
but at the end of the day the GIMX Adapter finally appeared as a Controller in the controllers list as a working G29!

So I have finally made it !!! I guess I am a future GIMX user now!!!

Thanks ckaiycool and GoDlike for your precious help !!!
You guys are precious, the community is lucky to have you!!

Thanks to the community and the forum to be there when needed!!

Hope this post could help people in difficulty and encourage them not to give up!

I have new issues now but not related to those problems so I may need to create another post...
See you guys in the next journey!!!

Have a nice one guys!!!!
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

:D Thanks for the kind words mate.
Well done of you to get it running.
I also hate reinstalling windows just for the time it takes to configure everything back to how you want. That time could be spent on other fun things :lol:

Enjoy!