DPI settings gimx and mouse driver software.

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
ckaiycool

DPI settings gimx and mouse driver software.

Post by ckaiycool »

I just connected an older mouse with lower Dpi (3500 Dpi). My main mouse is 12 000 Dpi and i noticed something that needs to be explained.
What Dpi should the mouse be set in the mouse driver software in windows/linux?

After using gimx mouse calibration to dial in the sensitivity so it matches the higher Dpi mouse sensitivity i get the following results.
There is a huge difference if i set my mouse to 3500 Dpi in mouse software (windows) and dial in 3500 Dpi in gimx software.
Then if i use lower Dpi in windows like 1000 Dpi then start the same config with 3500 Dpi in gimx, the movement is different and alot slower.

Any idea why that is the case?
Shouldn't gimx "block" windows Dpi setting and force the Dpi set in Gimx?
kaiba_seto2004

Re: DPI settings gimx and mouse driver software.

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Nah, gimx can't control mouse DPI so you need to raise your mouse DPI as high as you can :)
If you set DPI to 1000 and gimx's config DPI to 3500, gimx still read DPI at 3500 and this value is wrong. So your movement is so slow that's why.
PS4 enthusiast.
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

Thanks for that clarification.

Wouldn't it be ideal to set the Dpi to the same value in mouse application as in gimx?(while running gimx)
The easiest way to set your mouse hz value is through mouse application and gimx reads that correct.
I tested all hz values (125,250,500,1000hz) yesterday in steelseries engine and gimx read them all with same value when launching.

This is why im confused :D
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

I just want to confirm to everyone.
If you set the mouse software and Gimx Dpi value to the same the sensitivity conversion in Gimx does work. This does not work if mouse application DPI is set to anything other.
I have been tested this for hours today with values from 6400 down to 2000 Dpi, and the sensitivity is the same on all DPI values, without the need to calibrate the sensitivity in gimx again.

I strongly recommend everyone to make this change in their settings, incase you buy a new mouse with higher or lower DPI than you own right now.

*update* just got a 16 000 DPI mouse (steelseries Rival700) and did exactly as i describe above, insert max DPI in steelseries application. Then insert max DPI into the Gimx-FPSconfig converter. And sensitivity converted to the same sensitivity.
This needs to be inserted into the tutorial -how to set DPI in both windows/Linux and gimx.
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

I have updated ALL Playstation 3, OG Xbox configs with the same principal as i have described here.
My mouse is set to 12000 DPI as the configs are in GIMX.

Incase your mouse doesn't have as high DPI, then change the config through GIMX FPS as described here https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Gi ... _mouse_DPI
This will change the sensitivity value to be the same for the new DPI setting.

Then set your mouse to the same DPI value as the config through your mouse software, then you will have the same feeling no mather what DPI you have on your mouse.