[question] Can I use the same controller used for authentication?

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
quantum_brake

[question] Can I use the same controller used for authentication?

Post by quantum_brake »

First off, great software, works like a charm, surely I have some problems with my mouse dpi and such but it just needs tinkering with the settings.

Secondly (and this is where my question lies), I still am very used to using controller in some games, and would like to know if there is a way to keep using controller after connecting it to gimx(and hopefully, using gimx as a middle man to use macros while in game), because, I guess it supposed to turn off after connecting it to gimx, right? is there anyway to bypass this limitation?

Thanks in advance!
GeekyDeaks

Re: [question] Can I use the same controller used for authentication?

Post by GeekyDeaks »

I am using the DS4 I use to authenticate as a controller too. I had to map the buttons in the config/profile though. This makes sense to me since I am emulating a G29, which doesn't have the left and right thumb sticks, nor the touchpad.
quantum_brake

Post by quantum_brake »

hm…if I understand it correctly, you are using the EMUG29 firmware and you are able to use your DS4 for authentication and "gameplay" purposes, though you can't use thumbsticks and touchpad, correct?

Is there another kind of firmware that will allow to use DS4 for both authentication and regular usage?
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

You can use your controller after authentication. Everything including sticks will work if it's included in game config. Controller must be turned on to pass authentication packets.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
quantum_brake

Post by quantum_brake »

interesting… Because when I use EMUPS4 firmware, after I launch gimx launcher and press "start" my controller turns off, and I can use my keyboard and mouse, but at the moment it's not what I want it to do. So you say that controller should be turned on still, it makes no sense to me?

Mind explaining what firmware do you use on the gimx adapter? and does it matter which config do I choose?
GeekyDeaks

Post by GeekyDeaks »

From what I understand, the GIMX simply emulates the controller type as defined by the firmware. To have your DS4 still work, you need to map the buttons/triggers/sticks to the buttons/triggers/sticks the GIMX is emulating, i.e. when you press X, you have that defined as sending a button press for X on the GIMX emulation. I had to manually set each button and trigger on my PS4 to it's respective button and trigger on my emulated G29. I'm assuming that you can also assign the thumbsticks if you emulate a controller with them i.e. another DS4. Does that make sense?
quantum_brake

Post by quantum_brake »

Yeah, I think I understand what you mean, gonna try that in a few hours when I'm free,
Thank you for a suggestion
quantum_brake

Post by quantum_brake »

Okay…I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly or not?

I just tried it using EMUPS4 firmware with the config Dualshock4.xml from the gimx>help>Get configs section, and after starting up GIMX the controller just turns off and doesn't react to any buttons pressed, nothing, until I stop the GIMX software, that is.

Any ideas?
quantum_brake

Post by quantum_brake »

oh actually…I think the config is kinda dunked, I was looking in a debug and when I'm pressing PS button it sees it as r3, so I'm gonna redo the config and we'll what happens
quantum_brake

Post by quantum_brake »

So…I kinda fixed it? problem was that button_id isn't corresponding to the actual button location on a controller, so I had to use the "text" option in GIMX software to find which button is which, so that I could change it all to the *actual* buttons.
Now I have another problem… there is no left arrow button xD does anyone know how to fix that?
Here's a modified config that works on my controller (the controller is official DS4 second revision, I think)

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
  <controller id="1" dpi="0" type="DS4">
    <configuration id="1">
      <trigger type="" id="" name="" button_id="" switch_back="no" delay="0"/>
      <mouse_options_list/>
      <intensity_list/>
      <button_map>
        <button id="abs_axis_7" label="">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller"/>
          <event type="button" id="3"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_10" label="">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller"/>
          <event type="button" id="0"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_9" label="">
          <event type="button" id="1"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_8" label="">
          <event type="button" id="2"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_11" label="">
          <event type="button" id="4"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_12" label="">
          <event type="button" id="5"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_0" label="">
          <event type="button" id="8"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_1" label="">
          <event type="button" id="9"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_16" label="">
          <event type="button" id="11"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_2" label="">
          <event type="button" id="12"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_15" label="">
          <event type="button" id="10"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_17" label="">
          <event type="button" id="13"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_3" label="">
          <event type="button" id="14"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_4" label="">
          <event type="button" id="15"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_5" label="">
          <event type="button" id="16"/>
        </button>
      </button_map>
      <axis_map>
        <axis id="rel_axis_0" label="">
          <event type="axis" id="0" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.004" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="rel_axis_1" label="">
          <event type="axis" id="1" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.004" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_13" label="">
          <event type="axis" id="3" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_14" label="">
          <event type="axis" id="4" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="rel_axis_2" label="">
          <event type="axis" id="2" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.0039" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="rel_axis_3" label="">
          <event type="axis" id="5" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.0039" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
      </axis_map>
      <joystick_corrections_list/>
    </configuration>
  </controller>
</root>