Raspberry Pi Pico porting

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
Useus

Raspberry Pi Pico porting

Post by Useus »

we talked about it here but I have not received an answer viewtopic.php?t=3646

It would be a good thing to port on rpi pico to get the adapter without using a pc.
rpi pico supports usb host, on the hardware side a simple usb port soldered on the pins would be enough to obtain the desired result.
GoDlike

Re: Raspberry Pi Pico porting

Post by GoDlike »

Please don't multipost. We are already working on GIMX 2 adapter. We would love to see port for Pi Pico but the resources are limited and we're still behind schedule even for PS5 development.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Useus

Post by Useus »

Will version 2 of gimx still be linked to the use of the pc? limited resources you mean pico? I ask why as mentioned in the other post, a user managed to create a modified version working without pc with arduino leonardo, so on the pico there shouldn't be big problems

sorry for the double post
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

For now it will still be tied to PC. I know there is working pico version but if we would want to release official pico way to do it it requires an additional programming branch with testing etc. We can't spare the human resources for it now. If it works, then great, but keep in mind that it's not officially supported because we have too much work with just bare GIMX already.
hoja

Post by hoja »

GoDlike wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:05 pm We are already working on GIMX 2 adapter. We would love to see port for Pi Pico but the resources are limited and we're still behind schedule even for PS5 development.
Is there a way to keep track of the development? Any way to contribute?
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Sure. Just contact Matlo if you wish to help us. Im not sure if he put GIMX 2 to github already, I think he didn't as it's much different from the current one.