Building gimx, don't understand the tutorials

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
lost123

Re: Building gimx, don't understand the tutorials

Post by lost123 »

Do you need to install logitech software even if you don't have logitech wheel?

here is the basic info about my ps3 attempt
GIMX adapter: arduino leonardo + cp2102:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00AFRXKFU/ref ... E_SCE_dp_1
firmware: EMUG27
the gaming target: PS3 slim
game: gran turismo 5
the controller: fanatec csl dd, fanatec v1 pedals and keyboard
lost123

Post by lost123 »

There is also an error on the wiki. The link leading to "reassign controller" leads to this page
https://www.playstation.com/de-at/suppo ... cessories/

What does this means in the wiki
Compatibility mode
This concerns at least the EMUG27PS3 firmware.
The G27 is supposed to switch to compatibility mode (behaving as a Driving Force) when in the XMB. GIMX does not do this. As a consequence the controls do not work correctly in the XMB.
To work-around this issue, start the game with a Dualshock 3, and then reassign controllers.

So what does the bolded part mean? The link doesn't work.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

It means start the game with Dualshock 3 and then use PS button to go to PS3 menu where you can reassing the controllers.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
lost123

Post by lost123 »

Ok, got it work. Ffb works, pedals work, buttons seem to match. I have no idea what am I supposed to do with reassigning controllers tho? Changing the controller number just makes the ps3 controller disconnect from ps3 so it doesn't work at all?

Here is what I am doing now. Maybe this is helpful to someone else
0. starting conditions: gimx launcher is not started, gimx not connected to ps3, your pc peripherals are ready to play.
1. start ps3 with ps3 controller in wireless mode, nothing connected to ps3 via usb. Let ps3 boot up. Activate the ps3 controller by pressing the playstation button on it.
2. start gran turismo 5 using the controller, let it load up to the main menu of the game
3. connect gimx usb to either port of ps3, start gimx launcher, check your settings and press start
4. see if it works in ps3. If not, keep doing 4 from beginning, keep unplugging gimx usb cord from the ps3, try both usb front ports. For me it starts working with 2 tries.
5. Now both ps3 controller and gimx should work. You can navigate the game menus with the ps3 controller and use the gimx wheel and pedals to drive.

Thanks for the help and putting effort into gimx. This is a great tool. Hopefully my journey to get this to work with ps4 will be an easier one.
Guzas89

Post by Guzas89 »

lost123 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:54 am Ok, got it work. Ffb works, pedals work, buttons seem to match. I have no idea what am I supposed to do with reassigning controllers tho? Changing the controller number just makes the ps3 controller disconnect from ps3 so it doesn't work at all?

Here is what I am doing now. Maybe this is helpful to someone else
0. starting conditions: gimx launcher is not started, gimx not connected to ps3, your pc peripherals are ready to play.
1. start ps3 with ps3 controller in wireless mode, nothing connected to ps3 via usb. Let ps3 boot up. Activate the ps3 controller by pressing the playstation button on it.
2. start gran turismo 5 using the controller, let it load up to the main menu of the game
3. connect gimx usb to either port of ps3, start gimx launcher, check your settings and press start
4. see if it works in ps3. If not, keep doing 4 from beginning, keep unplugging gimx usb cord from the ps3, try both usb front ports. For me it starts working with 2 tries.
5. Now both ps3 controller and gimx should work. You can navigate the game menus with the ps3 controller and use the gimx wheel and pedals to drive.

Thanks for the help and putting effort into gimx. This is a great tool. Hopefully my journey to get this to work with ps4 will be an easier one.
Sorry to bother, I have a setup similar to yours, what configuration are you using?
Thank you!