OSW Mmos to PS5

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
goojorb

OSW Mmos to PS5

Post by goojorb »

hi everyone,
before i go on a 4 hour marathon reading through this forum and watching youtube vids.......could i be lazy and ask the following :D

i use an OSW wheel (predates simucube) - connects to PC via USB + MMos interface. Fanatec Pedals connect seperately to PC also via USB.

i'd love to play the new GT7 on PS5 with my wheel, rather than having to spend money on a compatible wheel/pedals.
Before i get a PS5 i want to make sure the above will work.

What exact parts do i need to buy to make this work please?
I need a Gimx adapter, and it looks like i need a specific older controller to use on the PS5 in order for it to work?
gamechanger

Re: OSW Mmos to PS5

Post by gamechanger »

just read the other thread, I have explained in detail
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Gimx wheel on ps5 is not supported ... until further announcement
PS4 enthusiast.
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

kaiba_seto2004 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:50 am Gimx wheel on ps5 is not supported ... until further announcement
any plan to make it support PS5 and fix the bug of the FFB of the wheel ?
I think GT7 is going to release in weeks and many users are keen to have this function working fine.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

We have plans to support PS5 console but Sony is making it hard for everyone, including very expensive adapters where it doesn't work well either.

About the bug - im not sure what you mean. GIMX supports variety of wheels through DirectInput and they work fine.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

GoDlike wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:02 am We have plans to support PS5 console but Sony is making it hard for everyone, including very expensive adapters where it doesn't work well either.

About the bug - im not sure what you mean. GIMX supports variety of wheels through DirectInput and they work fine.
Hi GoDlike,

For the FFB bug, in GT Sport and the Wheel in center location, the wheelbase will keep shaking and it shouldn't be normal behavior. ( I am not sure it is a problem on GT Sport or not , seems F1 2021 does not have such problem)
There are few threads also discuss the same issues in the forum, below is one of it.

https://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3648&start=20

For the PS5 support, I think we are at the wrong track ---- we don't have to make the wheel let the PS5 think it is "A PS5 wheel"
we have a solution now - using the Hori Mini controller to read the security code rather than original Dual Shock 4 and it can eliminate the 8 minutes disconnection.
Every game which support G29 should work on PS5. ( tested Dirt 5 / GT Sport / AC / F1 2021 on PS5 without disconnection in 8 mins )

right now we have a working solution, Drivehub + Hori Mini to PS5, GIMX + DS4 as G29 connect to the drivehub wheel port.
if you can make the GIMX software to start the G29 Wheel emulation with the Hori Mini pad ( currently if we don't use DS4, the GIMX will not start the emulation) , the we don't have to connect the GIMX to drivehub just for reading the code from Hori Mini pad, I think it should work without any problem.
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

actually few people mentioned about the FFB problem on this forum on GT Sport ( now 7 ) on PS4 / PS5.
With the Drive Hub + GIMX + Hori Mini pad combo is fully working on PS5 ( no disconnection problem )

But still have the center oscillation problem on Simucube 2 when the wheel is neutral (which keep shaking and affect you to drive in straight), which cannot fix ( nothing can change by True Drive )

Right now the GIMX is the only device can support DirectDrive Wheel ( OSW / Simucube / Simagic etc ) to use on Playstaion platform.

I bought the GIMX adapter at the GIMX store some time ago. really hope the GIMX team can fix the problem / or find out the solution as the GIMX software was not updated for 2 years already.
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ ... ns.221633/

https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/GIMX/tree/g29-correction

just find a user did the fix for the oscillation problem but I have no idea how to apply.
GeekyDeaks

Post by GeekyDeaks »

Hi! Unfortunately, you need to recompile using fork I made on github. I appreciate this is not something a lot of users are likely to want to do, so I'll upload a binary release onto github and make some simple install notes when I finish work
GeekyDeaks

Post by GeekyDeaks »

Hi, I added the binary required to my github fork. You can download it here: https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/GIMX/rele ... 8.0-g29c.1

There are some simple instructions with it. It's not the best installation experience, sorry....

One thing to add: from testing in GT:S I have found that whilst this reduces the oscillations near the centre from going wildly out of control, it doesn't completely remove them from all cars or situations. I also found you could induce the oscillations in certain cars by simply remaining stationary and then turning the wheel until the tyres are off to one side and then finding the point at which the game would over correct and start the oscillations off centre, however these over corrections were much more muted than those at the centre so that I was able to increase the 'friction' feel of my wheel so that it more closely resembled the friction of the original G29 and it helped reduce the problem.

Anyway, have a play and see how you get on