OSW Mmos to PS5

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
gamechanger

Re: OSW Mmos to PS5

Post by gamechanger »

GeekyDeaks wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:39 am Hi, I added the binary required to my github fork. You can download it here: https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/GIMX/rele ... 8.0-g29c.1

There are some simple instructions with it. It's not the best installation experience, sorry....

One thing to add: from testing in GT:S I have found that whilst this reduces the oscillations near the centre from going wildly out of control, it doesn't completely remove them from all cars or situations. I also found you could induce the oscillations in certain cars by simply remaining stationary and then turning the wheel until the tyres are off to one side and then finding the point at which the game would over correct and start the oscillations off centre, however these over corrections were much more muted than those at the centre so that I was able to increase the 'friction' feel of my wheel so that it more closely resembled the friction of the original G29 and it helped reduce the problem.

Anyway, have a play and see how you get on

The installation is very easy already, thanks
dragn

Post by dragn »

omg thanks! fixed it for my simucube. even works when using gimx in g27ps3emu mode because i dont have a ds4 :lol:
now i can start to enjoy gt7
sakserv

Post by sakserv »

GeekyDeaks wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:39 am Anyway, have a play and see how you get on
GeekyDeaks you are my hero. Your fix works! I have been trying to get Granite Devices and the GIMX devs to address this oscillation issue since May of last year to no avail. I would love to buy you a beverage of your choice if you have "buy me a coffee" or similar.
right now we have a working solution, Drivehub + Hori Mini to PS5, GIMX + DS4 as G29 connect to the drivehub wheel port.
Hey gamechanger, I'd like to try out this solution. Which hori mini are you using? The one with the joy stick or the "fighting commander" controller? Thanks in advance.
dragn

Post by dragn »

sakserv wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:50 pm
right now we have a working solution, Drivehub + Hori Mini to PS5, GIMX + DS4 as G29 connect to the drivehub wheel port.
Hey gamechanger, I'd like to try out this solution. Which hori mini are you using? The one with the joy stick or the "fighting commander" controller? Thanks in advance.
https://hori.co.uk/wired-mini-gamepad-red/
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

sakserv wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:50 pm
GeekyDeaks wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:39 am Anyway, have a play and see how you get on
GeekyDeaks you are my hero. Your fix works! I have been trying to get Granite Devices and the GIMX devs to address this oscillation issue since May of last year to no avail. I would love to buy you a beverage of your choice if you have "buy me a coffee" or similar.
After some more test I decided to rollback to the official version as the FFB will cause some issues.
I switch back the profile in TD to minimize the oscillation effect.

and yes, the other user was listed the hori mini pad already
sakserv

Post by sakserv »

After some more test I decided to rollback to the official version as the FFB will cause some issues.
Can you elaborate on what you mean here? Do you mean you are using the original gimx.exe again? What issues did you encounter?
GeekyDeaks

Post by GeekyDeaks »

sakserv wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:19 pm Can you elaborate on what you mean here? Do you mean you are using the original gimx.exe again? What issues did you encounter?
Whilst the 'fix' gets rid of the oscillations, it doesn't come 'free' and is a bit of a trade-off due to mucking around with the FFB near the middle. The settings I gave as an example work ok for me with my Simagic Alpha Mini, but gamechanger found other odd effects near the middle that I haven't noticed with my setup. With the normal GIMX I feel a slight notch in the middle and with the mod it's a tiny bit wider, but not as strong. Unfortunately, gamechanger experienced some axis lag issues too
dragn

Post by dragn »

wasnt there a firmware to emulate a thrustmaster wheel to ps4 too? what happend to that
GeekyDeaks

Post by GeekyDeaks »

dragn wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:17 pm wasnt there a firmware to emulate a thrustmaster wheel to ps4 too? what happend to that
Bleedin' hell... how did I miss the t300rs file in the controller code directory! :D. I'll try it out later! Thank you!
sakserv

Post by sakserv »

GeekyDeaks wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:48 pm
sakserv wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:19 pm Can you elaborate on what you mean here? Do you mean you are using the original gimx.exe again? What issues did you encounter?
Whilst the 'fix' gets rid of the oscillations, it doesn't come 'free' and is a bit of a trade-off due to mucking around with the FFB near the middle. The settings I gave as an example work ok for me with my Simagic Alpha Mini, but gamechanger found other odd effects near the middle that I haven't noticed with my setup. With the normal GIMX I feel a slight notch in the middle and with the mod it's a tiny bit wider, but not as strong. Unfortunately, gamechanger experienced some axis lag issues too
Thanks, I'll report back with any issues, but so far so good in both GT:S and GT7 on PS4 using a Simucube 2 Pro. It's not perfect, but way better than without the patch.