somehow offtopic

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
navarreitor

somehow offtopic

Post by navarreitor »

Sorry for asking about this, which is only related to Gimx because it refers to the way the boot window is displayed after launching the launcher

I use a multiscreen setup. In front of me, I have a TV where I view both the PC and a PS4, in different HDMI inputs

Sometimes the steering wheel rim I use has micro cutouts while playing the PS4. This causes Gimx to lose control over the steering wheel and cannot use its buttons, paddles, etc. (I can turn it because the axis is a Simucube that does not disconnect)

To solve it, I must close the black window that opens when start Gimx from the launcher, sometimes I also must disconnect and reconnect the USB cable of the ring and restart the launcher

it's a bummer, and I think could be an internal connection problem inside my steering wheel.

Nothing you can do about it, but it's also something that I hope you can help me with.

I have the launcher icon on a second side monitor, but when I start it, the black window opens always on my main screen, the one I use to play with my PS4.

To be able to close the window and start the cumbersome procedure that I have told you about, it gets even harder because in the first place I must add the change of channel on the TV from the input of the PS4 to that of the PC and once finished, switch again from the PC channel to the PS4 channel

Imagine this in the middle of a race: you run out of the wheel, can't even hit the pause button (solved with an auxiliary keyboard with the same function when the game allows it), nervous you look for the TV remote control, you change the channel, close the black window, close the launcher, disconnect and reconnect the USB of the steering wheel, reopen the launcher and run it, activate the start button on the ring ..... tick, tock, tick, tock ... You drop the remote control, the battery goes out .... tick, tock, tick, tock ... you manage to fix it and select the PS4 again .... everyone has overtaken you, even the safety car drivers

Is there a way to force the black window to always open on a specific monitor?

I would be eternally grateful

Thank you!
GoDlike

Re: somehow offtopic

Post by GoDlike »

The black window you're talking about is actually gimx.exe run with several arguments provided by gimx-launcher.exe which you use because it has graphical interface.

Windows has no built-in functionality for this I'm afraid but there are some other apps that should do it. Please check this post on superuser - https://superuser.com/questions/738081/ ... 36#1539936

You can also try running gimx.exe directly, without launching it by GUI interface of gimx-launcher.exe. To know a list of arguments you need to use you can run your gimx-launcher, start gimx from there an then use Process Hacker, click gimx.exe process and check list of arguments it was run with. Then it should be possible to force to open it on another monitor if the first option from superuser.com fails.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
navarreitor

Re: somehow offtopic

Post by navarreitor »

Thank you!