Key Combos

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
misaghi

Key Combos

Post by misaghi »

Hello
Is it possible to do some key combos? E.g. "shift + left mouse"?
Thanks.
ckaiycool

Re: Key Combos

Post by ckaiycool »

Yes with gimx config. Just bind shift and mouse button to the same button. Remember to do it to profile 1 and 2 if you want the ads profile to have the same option to. (For fps games).
misaghi

Post by misaghi »

ckaiycool wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:03 pm Yes with gimx config. Just bind shift and mouse button to the same button. Remember to do it to profile 1 and 2 if you want the ads profile to have the same option to. (For fps games).
Hello!
What I mean is something like this: E.g. You hold Lshift and press left click button and controller's RT button triggers. Is this possible?
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

misaghi wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:23 pm
Hello!
What I mean is something like this: E.g. You hold Lshift and press left click button and controller's RT button triggers. Is this possible?
Correct me if i understand you correctly, one button press (ex. spacebar) to activate both Lshift and Mouse Button Left and this will activate the controllers RT trigger? Do you mean controllers RT and LT trigger?

I made a config for a game called Warhammer 40K: Space Marine for the PS3.
In that game there is a fury mode which activates by pressing two buttons at the same time on the ps3 controller = L3+R3.
I configured it so that the T keyboard button activates that mode. Rather then pressing two keys at the same time on keyboard.
misaghi

Post by misaghi »

ckaiycool wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:07 pm
misaghi wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:23 pm
Hello!
Correct me if i understand you correctly, one button press (ex. spacebar) to activate both Lshift and Mouse Button Left and this will activate the controllers RT trigger? Do you mean controllers RT and LT trigger?

I made a config for a game called Warhammer 40K: Space Marine for the PS3.
In that game there is a fury mode which activates by pressing two buttons at the same time on the ps3 controller = L3+R3.
I configured it so that the T keyboard button activates that mode. Rather then pressing two keys at the same time on keyboard.
Yes. Xbox One Wireless Controller. In game Dark Souls, RT means heavy attack and RB is light attack. I bind RB to left mouse click and I want to bind RT to Lshift + left mouse click. Also a question came to my mind:
Did you bind the "T" button for Warhammer 4k like this picture:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ruw84C ... sp=sharing
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

Now i understand what u mean.
You need to edit the 2nd profile in gimx config.
Change the trigger button from mouse button 2 to LShift then rebind the RT button to left click. But remember to remove left click from the button list (RB) from the 2 profile.
misaghi

Post by misaghi »

ckaiycool wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:46 am Now i understand what u mean.
You need to edit the 2nd profile in gimx config.
Change the trigger button from mouse button 2 to LShift then rebind the RT button to left click. But remember to remove left click from the button list (RB) from the 2 profile.
This my first profile, I tried to do what you told me:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtBBlY ... sp=sharing
And This is the second profile:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PeVVCP ... sp=sharing
So... Did I get it or not :D
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

Your first profile has Lshift binded to both LT and RT and that wont work if you want right hand and left hand heavy attack to work. Trial and error if it works after config is set up.
Also profile 2 has to have the same buttonconfigs as profile 1 or it wont work at all.

Set your button mappings as you want in Gimx FPS but don't bind LShift to anything.
Then to make your request to work do as follows.

Open the config you just created in gimx config.
Choose profile 2 and there you change the button RT trigger to Left mouse button. And remove the RB button completely from that list.
But in order to make the config work you have to change profile trigger button for profile 2 to LShift as you want and mark the small box switch back.(this will activate profile 2 when pressing LShift) Save config and test.Image
misaghi

Post by misaghi »

ckaiycool wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:52 am Your first profile has Lshift binded to both LT and RT and that wont work if you want right hand and left hand heavy attack to work. Trial and error if it works after config is set up.
Also profile 2 has to have the same buttonconfigs as profile 1 or it wont work at all.

Set your button mappings as you want in Gimx FPS but don't bind LShift to anything.
Then to make your request to work do as follows.

Open the config you just created in gimx config.
Choose profile 2 and there you change the button RT trigger to Left mouse button. And remove the RB button completely from that list.
But in order to make the config work you have to change profile trigger button for profile 2 to LShift as you want and mark the small box switch back.(this will activate profile 2 when pressing LShift) Save config and test.Image
Finally I came up with this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m8NAxi ... sp=sharing
I think this will be okay.
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

Only one way to find out :D
It might not work when you have LShift binded on profile 1 to RT.
You can remove RT and LT from profile 1 if your main goal is to use mouse buttons for heavy attacks (profile 2) and light attacks (profile 1). ;)
Everything else looks right.
Last edited by ckaiycool on Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.