Config: Mouse Translation test and Circle Test

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
frostieff

Config: Mouse Translation test and Circle Test

Post by frostieff »

Hey,

I have read the tutorial for Mouse Translation test and Circle Test but there's still some info lacking from it.

How can i tell if my mouse translation is good? so say i stare at a spot on screen , is it supposed to rotate 360 all the way back to that spot?

How can i tell if i made a good circle test? Is it supposed to make a perfect circle on the ingame screen or on mouse capture box? Also i find it hard to make the marker go right. Also the small dot/x mark is jittery/wonky when i try doing this test, does mean i need to configure my mouse smoothing as well or is that just how the program is?

If someone shares a video tutorial or pictures it would make it so much easier for an amateur like me to learn.
kaiba_seto2004

Re: Config: Mouse Translation test and Circle Test

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

It depends on your feeling, so good config is what make you feel good.
PS4 enthusiast.
GoDlike

Re: Config: Mouse Translation test and Circle Test

Post by GoDlike »

How can i tell if my mouse translation is good? so say i stare at a spot on screen , is it supposed to rotate 360 all the way back to that spot?
In acceleration test - more or less like you said. Many games have different acceleration values that are tied to the speed of your crosshair move so you sometimes may need to find a sweet spot where translation just feels fine but still misses that exact spot.
How can i tell if i made a good circle test? Is it supposed to make a perfect circle on the ingame screen or on mouse capture box? Also i find it hard to make the marker go right. Also the small dot/x mark is jittery/wonky when i try doing this test, does mean i need to configure my mouse smoothing as well or is that just how the program is?
It should make a perfect circle in game. Find some point in the game and run the test. You may want to accelerate circle test speed to better see if it makes good circle.

If it's wonky - first try to change Deadzone shape to Circle/Rectangle and increase mouse DPI.

Some games are really easy to make config for and it takes just 15 minutes, in others I spent hours changing values and it still sucked. Much depends on particular game input system.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike