Jetson Nano - OTG port instead of adaptor?

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
lostkiwi

Jetson Nano - OTG port instead of adaptor?

Post by lostkiwi »

Hi All,

I have a Jetson Nano and was wondering if it was possible to use the onboard OTG port as a USB device (Ubuntu 18.04 user space Arm64) - thus replacing the adapter with onboard hardware. It's a USB2 OTG port but should be fine for this application. Using the OTG port should reduce some of the lag and timeout errors in the pc->usb->serial->micro->usb->console connection.

The Jetson Nano has a USB3 hub (4 ports) along with a USB 2 OTG port.

There is mention of this setup in the forums but I could not find the set-up steps for this configuration. Can someone help here? Was this type of configuration ever finished or is this an abandoned feature? I had a quick look through the code and could not see it there either.

I am happy to add to the GIMX code if needed - I.e. I can develop and test this if it was never completed (at least for PS4 testing). If so then please point me in the right direction - @Malto.

I could not find a developer guide for GIMX. There must be one somewhere for contributions right? Sorry if I didn't look hard enough so please point me to it.

Many thanks!
lostkiwi

Re: Jetson Nano - OTG port instead of adaptor?

Post by lostkiwi »

Ok, so looking at this further, these seems to be a few options. But I cant find any documentation....
1. Output: Remote Adapter - Is there a documented protocol for this? Is GIMX a TCP Server or a TCP Client?
2. Output: Stub - does this communicate with a stub DLL/.so(linux)?

Also a question on input events if anyone can assist.....
I would like to use the PS4 DS controller via bluetooth but also want to inject a macro based on an event - I.e. move up 45pix and left 20pix (or any such number - doesn't have to be pix as I can scale accordingly). I hope I can do this via a macro - possibly a TCP event or window message. As I'm using linux and will run without GUI I dont think I can use GTK or X11 events. How can I do this?

Thanks all!