GIMX and PS4 Issue

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
devagx

GIMX and PS4 Issue

Post by devagx »

Hi

Ive built mny own GIMX using the guides and used CP2102 and atmega32u4. I flashed the latest firmware fine.
I followed the instructions to connect the device to the PC, turned the PS4 controller off and connected that to PC then run the application as show in the screen shot. The control is taken away from te PC as expected, but no matter what I press, nothing is happening on the PS4.

Ive tried holding down the PS button for a short period of time that did nothing. Also tried holding backspace down for a period of time as thats mapped to the PS button in the config im using in the screen shot. But that does nothing aswell.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

image below:
https://ibb.co/FsxRkz0
GoDlike

Re: GIMX and PS4 Issue

Post by GoDlike »

Try just pushing Backspace once, don't hold it.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
devagx

Post by devagx »

yeah tried that, still get same outcome
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Please make a log file so we can check if gimx detects key press - https://forum.gimx.fr/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=691
devagx

Post by devagx »

thanks for the suggestion about the log file. I missed that option. I was able to figure out the issue. I had an issue with one of the cables so I replaced it.

Now it seems to be working ok, but I do have one further question. When i loaded one of the configs (battle field 1 ps4) for example, the mouse sensitivity is really low. Do I need to change controller sensitivity in the actual game to sort this out, or should I not touch the in game controler options?

thanks
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

It depends on the game. As for Battlefield 1 you have to change the in-game settings - https://forum.gimx.fr/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2479

It's also valid for Battlefield V but not for many other titles.
devagx

Post by devagx »

Hi

yeah I changed in the in game settings. Am I correct in saying you should generally set GIMX DPI to whatever your mouse is set at?

Also ive noticed, if I set the mouse DPI via FPS config and save then I get the strange results as mentioned in my previous post. However if I set the mouse DPI via the other gimx-config and save then I get the outcome I want. Not sure if you or anyone else has noticed similar? Seems strange the same option in two different configs work differently.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

In general you should always use highest possible DPI your mouse can provide and convert configurations to that value, but I do configs on typical DPI values like 4200 so most of you won't need to convert that or just adjust that slightly. It should work fine on values above 3000.

Thanks for the report about that tools. We will check that.
Jannick

Post by Jannick »

So did the problem solved?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

In both tools you can either set the DPI value or "convert sensitivity". In the later case you will be requested to enter the target DPI and it will convert the sensitivity accordingly.
GIMX creator