Will GIMX work on PS5?

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
Killamunch

Re: Will GIMX work on PS5?

Post by Killamunch »

No way! I was trying to contac the guy who wrote the original message. Please do let me know how you get on. Do you have a hori controller?

Yeah I only play Iracing so at least I know the ace feels somewhat better in that department. However, the thought of missing out on GT7 with my friends is kinda pissing me off.

I actually think our only option is PS4 GT7.
Killamunch

Post by Killamunch »

Did you manage to give the drivehub + GIMX combo a try? Not to long left and I want to exhaust all my options to get my SC2 working on PS5 before I resort to getting a PS4 + GIMX.
Surgent

Post by Surgent »

YES!!! it works, I used the GIMX + Drive Hub and wired Hori controller and my wheel has not disconnected once, been playing Gran Tourismo sport for hours, I also played WRC 9 the PS5 version and it works on there too... so that means it will work with GT7 PS5 version!!
Last edited by Surgent on Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

Surgent wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:31 pm YES!!! it works, I used the GIMX + Drive Hub and wired Hori controller and my wheel has not disconnected once, been playing Gran Tourismo sport for hours, I also played WRC 9 the PS5 version and it works on there too... so that means it will work with GT7 PS5 version!! Thank fukkkk was going to swap my Simucube for a Fanatec DD1 LOOL :roll:
What Hori controller are you using?
Surgent

Post by Surgent »

Hori mini… official license wired PS4 controller
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

I'll try to get my hands on one and test some PS5 games.
Had you tried other games besides racing ones?
Ty
Surgent

Post by Surgent »

What sort of games do u mean?? I only use my steering wheel with racing games, u can get the controller on Amazon it’s only cheap too 👍
isamu

Post by isamu »

Out of curiosity, why does drive hub need to be in the equation? Can't I just use gimx with the Hori controller and just have it work that way without drive hub?
Killamunch

Post by Killamunch »

You know I also wondered the same thing but I believe it's something to do with the controller aspect since it won't go into standby thus making the wheel stop working.

Where on earth can I get myself a GIMX from? Can't find it in stock anywhere and I'm eager to have everything I need ready for GT7.
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

Killamunch wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:33 pm
Where on earth can I get myself a GIMX from? Can't find it in stock anywhere and I'm eager to have everything I need ready for GT7.
Where do you live.
I would strongly recommend you to buy the parts and solder yourself. (Super easy as long as you take your time.)

Parts needed
Arduino pro micro ATMEGA32U4
CP2104 USB Uart
3 wires (any wire works)
Solder iron with a thin tip and solder. (It helps alot using flux but you dont need it.)