Will GIMX work on PS5?

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
neil_1980

Re: Will GIMX work on PS5?

Post by neil_1980 »

Potential interesting development...

For the Drivehub the developer has noticed that although its stopped working with the official DS4 it does still work with some cheaper controllers.

I've just ordered the Hori for kids which apparently works with that and I should have on Sunday so will let you know if this is also the case for GIMX
neil_1980

Post by neil_1980 »

Well the good news is the controller came a day early.

The bad news is that it doesn’t work at all.

Gimx recognises the controller as I can auto assigns buttons from it but when launching it errors saying that a dual shock 4 is not connected.

I’m guessing drivehub is less fussy with why controller it uses and gimx specifically needs a dual shock?

The third party controller that’s confirmed working with drivehub is a licensed one
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

I dumped communication packets yesterday and we will analyze it. Support will come, no ETA however.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
navarreitor

Post by navarreitor »

Good news! Hope you find the way soon 😉
cotecine

Post by cotecine »

is there any word on if it is possible to get GIMX working on ps5/dualsense. :?:
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

It will be possible when we are done with protocol
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
mr_pit

Post by mr_pit »

Hi everyone I find little solution how to play on mous&keyboard in ps5 titles.
First you need ps4 and run on it ps5 remote play, then you can use m&k.
I connect ps4 and ps5 to the same router with cabel to have less ping and I play on tv screen from ps5. For me works fine.
One minus of this solution is keybord key which is bind to touchpad is not workin on keybord and I must to use for this button on ds4 which is connected to pc.
whoami -h

Post by whoami -h »

mr_pit wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:37 pm Hi everyone I find little solution how to play on mous&keyboard in ps5 titles.
First you need ps4 and run on it ps5 remote play, then you can use m&k.
I connect ps4 and ps5 to the same router with cabel to have less ping and I play on tv screen from ps5. For me works fine.
One minus of this solution is keybord key which is bind to touchpad is not workin on keybord and I must to use for this button on ds4 which is connected to pc.
I wanted to try this once I got a PS5, good to know it works. I mostly use GiMX to automate things that are time consuming and not time sensitive, so remote play should be sufficient until the authentication is figured out.
esquivel

Post by esquivel »

neil_1980 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:24 pm Just tried arcade version whilst the rest downloads.

G25 disconnected after 6 mins and 50 seconds into the race
Hello. Dos you try to use G25 with a dualshock 4 connected to gimx or dualsense?
neil_1980

Post by neil_1980 »

esquivel wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:26 am
neil_1980 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:24 pm Just tried arcade version whilst the rest downloads.

G25 disconnected after 6 mins and 50 seconds into the race
Hello. Dos you try to use G25 with a dualshock 4 connected to gimx or dualsense?
Sorry for delay... I tried DualShock, dual sense and a cheap aftermarket one that worked with drivehub on ps5 with no joy.

I gave up waiting in the end and went with a fanatec csl elite instead