Will GIMX work on PS5?

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
goojorb

Re: Will GIMX work on PS5?

Post by goojorb »

Killamunch wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:04 am Thank you so much guys! Managed to get hold of a GIMX and luckily found someone selling a drivehub for £50.

Going to order a hori pad tomorrow and should be able to grab a DS4 off a friend.

I'll let you all know how I get on. I have been in contact with someone who has confirmed both PS4 titles and PS5 (I believe dirt rally) fully working with his SC2, heusinkveld setup without any issues whatsoever.

Hopefully in the future we get a less complex work around but for those who are eager GT7 on ps5 with your top end equipment is very much a thing now. Big thanks to all the guys who have actually been responding to me and help confirm my questions.
please could you advise/provide links on where you bought everything from?
i'm in UK also.
Killamunch

Post by Killamunch »

GIMX Dev sent an email to me stating a 2 week restock period. Will likely be back in stock towards the end of the month. I got mine off eBay.

Hori pad you can purchase off Amazon. And drivehub can be purchased off eBay or directly from their website.
goojorb

Post by goojorb »

gamechanger wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:09 pm confirmed it works on Drivehub + Gimx + Hori Mini wired controller + SC2 PRO / HE pedals

why we need Drivehub because the GIMX cannot start unless we use a dualshock 4 --- which Drivehub can use a Hori Mini controller for pass the security check
ok so i don't need to buy both a dualshock 4 + Hori Mini controller in addition?
I just need Hori?
Killamunch

Post by Killamunch »

I believe you will need a DS4 connected to your PC. Not sure why but 2 people have confirmed this with me. Hopefully someone can explain. Still waiting in my GIMX currently stuck in customs. Brexit...
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

Killamunch wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:17 pm I believe you will need a DS4 connected to your PC. Not sure why but 2 people have confirmed this with me. Hopefully someone can explain. Still waiting in my GIMX currently stuck in customs. Brexit...
We need the drivehub + hori mini pad to send the code to PS5.
GIMX + Hori Mini pad does not start, that's why we need drivehub in betweem

If GIMX can support the Hori Mini Pad directly, then it should work without the Drivehub.
Killamunch

Post by Killamunch »

So I can confirm I got my SC2 pro + Heusinkveld pedals working with Drivehub+ GIMX.

For whatever reason I don't have any FFB whatsoever.

Going to try and update the Drivehub and hopefully see if that solves the problem.

Will post an update when I get around to it.
Killamunch

Post by Killamunch »

Right so I decided to remove variables and turns but I have no FFB on GTSport with JUST the GiMX.
Steve_C78

Post by Steve_C78 »

Is there any news for GIMX on the PS5 scene?

The release of GT7 unfortunately did not coincide with a new version of GIMX.

Has further progress been made or is there still nothing new?

Thanks always for everything
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

Steve_C78 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:22 pm Has further progress been made or is there still nothing new?
Patience :D
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

Have you guys heard of beloader?
https://www.beloader.com/