GIMX for Xbox 360 Peripherals on Xbox One

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
jgoldshlag2

Re: GIMX for Xbox 360 Peripherals on Xbox One

Post by jgoldshlag2 »

Looking at the Descriptors.c file in the emuxone firmware, I can see where the interface 0 is, but how would I add that descriptor? Here's the code:

Code: Select all

.Interface00 = {
                .Header = { .Size = sizeof(ConfigurationDescriptor.Interface00), .Type = DTYPE_Interface },
                .InterfaceNumber = 0x00,
                .AlternateSetting = 0x00,
                .TotalEndpoints = 2,
                .Class = 0xff,
                .SubClass = 0x47,
                .Protocol = 0xd0,
                .InterfaceStrIndex = NO_DESCRIPTOR
        },
jgoldshlag2

Post by jgoldshlag2 »

Looking at EMU360, I can see the unknown descriptor you're talking about. It's here:

Code: Select all

.UnkownDescriptor1 = {
                0x11, 0x21, 0x10, 0x01, 0x01, 0x25, 0x81, 0x14,
                0x03, 0x03, 0x03, 0x04, 0x13, 0x02, 0x08, 0x03,
                0x03
        },
However, there's nothing like that in the EMUXONE firmware Descriptors.c file. I'll take another look through the USB traffic and see if there's any unknown descriptors being set. There's a lot of control traffic that I can't decipher, and it's possible its in there.
manu

Post by manu »

hey there! First time poster here :)

This is the most promising thing I've found online to help people someday not having to depend on a very expensive and scarce adapter, thank you so much to everyone involved! I am fortunate enough to have two PDP Wired legacy Adapters in my possession, one that I use very frequently to play and the other one is brand-new only opened to test it.

I got a hold of a GIMX adapter and I have the extra PDP Wired legacy Adapter I mentioned earlier and, while I have a job as a software developer, I mostly do web/backend stuff and my knowledge in systems programming and hardware/low-level stuff is practically nil; so I am thinking that there are much more capable and prepared people to make better use of these things in this exciting forum/thread. If it helps, I am willing to donate the adapter to science and to someone in a position to make progress and get things moving again :)

I would love to see this effort continue
General Camping

Post by General Camping »

manu wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:39 am hey there! First time poster here :)

This is the most promising thing I've found online to help people someday not having to depend on a very expensive and scarce adapter, thank you so much to everyone involved! I am fortunate enough to have two PDP Wired legacy Adapters in my possession, one that I use very frequently to play and the other one is brand-new only opened to test it.

I got a hold of a GIMX adapter and I have the extra PDP Wired legacy Adapter I mentioned earlier and, while I have a job as a software developer, I mostly do web/backend stuff and my knowledge in systems programming and hardware/low-level stuff is practically nil; so I am thinking that there are much more capable and prepared people to make better use of these things in this exciting forum/thread. If it helps, I am willing to donate the adapter to science and to someone in a position to make progress and get things moving again :)

I would love to see this effort continue
Hi manu, I've been following this thread, too, hoping for some kind of possibility to make a custom adapter available for people who didn't get the chance back then or who had no ned for something like this back then because real electronic drums where out of reach - just like me.
I'm no programmer, just a hobby-'tinkerer'. I've been replicating some DIYs with RB drum brains and soldering new jacks and cables onto them and stuff (you can find some of them in YT), but they just don't work for expert play. I've been trying to find a solution to finally use a real electronic drum kit for ovet a year now.

Long story short: Since your offer hasn't been answered too, I just wanted to take my chance and ask If you'd be willing to sell the spare adapter for a realiatic price to a me.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.
redion1992

Post by redion1992 »

Hey all,
Just as an update, something I was made aware of a bit ago; the developer behind rb4.app has created a web-based interface which uses the GIMX hardware and a custom firmware in order to emulate one of four pieces of hardware (the PDP adapter, an RB4 guitar, an RB4 drum kit, or a Wireless Legacy Adapter). This allows not only the usage of e-kits to play drums, but also allows connecting other guitars.

The page for this can be found at https://rb4.app/xbox . Personally I haven't had the greatest success with it so far, so I'm investigating it further in order to look at backporting the appropriate info over to GIMX.
Captive

Post by Captive »

redion1992 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:44 pm The page for this can be found at https://rb4.app/xbox . Personally I haven't had the greatest success with it so far, so I'm investigating it further in order to look at backporting the appropriate info over to GIMX.
I'm glad you posted this - I was considering the same.

I created a version of the adapter (using the exact hardware on the rb4.app help page), for parts costing $28 USD. It has worked flawlessly for me so far (Alesis drums via USB). Response time and accuracy has been fantastic.

I have not tried the GIMX adapter that I purchased from Matlo with the rb4.app page yet, but I have been told it should work.
smeaglesmeagle

Post by smeaglesmeagle »

Anyone have any updates on this? I arrived at the same point where the drums "work" as a controller but have not been able to figure out how to get GIMX to show up as a drumkit.

I even flashed the PDP firmware from the rb4 app and it still shows up as a controller. Which tells me some other communication the rb4 app is doing is required for it to show up as a drum kit.