Fanatec wheel not recognised as G29?

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
bamm-bamm990

Fanatec wheel not recognised as G29?

Post by bamm-bamm990 »

Hi Guys,

I'm extremely new to GIMX and have had hit a roadblock...hoping some more experienced members can point out where I'm going wrong.

I am running the following

PS4 (big chunky edition)
Fanatec Clubsport, wheelbase, pedals and sequential shifter
Small windows 7 netbook

I built the adapter, have installed and configured GIMX and it works great.

I'm using the Logitech G27_G29_W10.xml config, I have tried to modify this and even make another and have failed dismally

I put my Fanatec wheel into PS3 mode and it connects just fine to my PS4, I can move around the menus, start Projects Cars and Assetto Corsa etc, however it all goes pear shaped when I try to drive a race. I have no throttle or brake...as you can imagine it makes racing difficult :lol:

I have attempted to get my head around GIMX config but I'm really struggling, for some reason my PS4 see's the wheel as a wireless controller and the L2 and R2 buttons are the brake and accelerator respectively, the gear shift buttons work ok but I can't figure out how to make the throttle and brake work. I'm really out of my depth on this one and would appreciate any help given.

Cheers,

:)
Matlo

Re: Fanatec wheel not recognised as G29?

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
First, did you try the Logitech_G27_G29.xml config? The Logitech_G27_G29_W10.xml config is specific for Windows 10.
Second, please generate a log file as requested here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=691
GIMX creator