GIMX Nearly Works, But Not Quite. HELP

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Haiden14

GIMX Nearly Works, But Not Quite. HELP

Post by Haiden14 »

After about 5 hours of trying, i finally got my Driving Force GT wheel and ps4 controller to simultaniouslt 'check' on Gimx. When i click 'start', it runs a couple of things in the command thing, no errors come up, and thats it. i unplug my PS4 controller to use my PS4 and the steering wheel doesnt work. Any help would be great.
Matlo

Re: GIMX Nearly Works, But Not Quite. HELP

Post by Matlo »

The DS4 has to be plugged to the computer while GIMX is running.
You can't use it with the PS4 at the same time as the wheel.
GIMX creator
Haiden14

Post by Haiden14 »

Thank you for your reply.

Since writing my post i have established that unplugging the DS4 stops the whole process, so i have tried the following.

From a newly powered on laptop, loading the teensy with both the at90usb1286, and atmega32u4 firmwares.

pluging in the powered off DS4, on which a yellow light appears.

pluging in the DFGT wheel and opening Logitech gaming software (which registers button pushes from the wheel)

i have tried powering the PS4 on now with the button on the console now, and after opening and starting GIMX.

i then start GIMX. in order for GIMX to register my wheel, i had to change the names in the LogitechDrivingForceGT_29 config file to 'Driving Force GT'.

i click check, everything is ok. i then click start, a black window pops up and it runs some things.

the black window then closes and thats it. the wheel doesnt do a thing on the ps4...

i have tried this, with different firmware variables, and turning the PS4 on at different points wiilst changing round the 2 wires on the teensy which are sometimes labeled wrongly..

Any thoughts?
Haiden14

Post by Haiden14 »

I'm probably missing something simple...
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Power the DS4 off before connecting it to the PS4.

http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Qui ... SB_adapter
GIMX creator