Can I use GIMX to control a pc

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
terrytuffnuts

Can I use GIMX to control a pc

Post by terrytuffnuts »

I have setup gmix using a arduino. It plugs into my xbox 360 and works perfectly it is all very easy.
But I want to be able to control my laptop from my main desktop pc, using gimx to emulate a xbox 360 gamepad on the laptop.

When I plug the gimx into the laptop, it doesn't work how I expected. It sometimes detects xbox 360 and fails to install, or it sometimes detect arduino and installs successfully.

Is there a way to do what I am trying to do?

Pc with keyboard and mouse.
To arduino, emulating xbox 360.
To laptop to play the game with on my tv.
Matlo

Re: Can I use GIMX to control a pc

Post by Matlo »

Do you require the 360 controller emulation? If not, try the EMUJOYSTICKPS3 firmware.
GIMX doesn't look to be the right software for this task. Its goal is to control consoles, not computers.
GIMX creator
terrytuffnuts

Post by terrytuffnuts »

Yeah I know its not designed for it, I'll try the ps3 one. I mainly want to use gimx because it translate mouse to joystick only stuff so perfectly, nothing else can match it.
angluter

Post by angluter »

Matlo wrote:Do you require the 360 controller emulation? If not, try the EMUJOYSTICKPS3 firmware.
GIMX doesn't look to be the right software for this task. Its goal is to control consoles, not computers.

I attempted this myself in order to control an xbox one (via game streaming on windows 10 pc) by pretending to be an xbox 360 controller.

In the log it said (IIRC) something like libusb_init_error LIBUSB_ERROR_STALL and then a few (3?) numbers or addresses afterwards.

If its something you would consider looking at for future releases I can provide more information later.