xtcnrg

DFGT Can't Get Working

Post by xtcnrg »

Hi,

I'm on Win 7 using DIY adapter;

CP2102
Teensy ++2.0
Firmware at90usb1280

I've read through other forum posts and replies that have got them up and running but I just cant get past this issue.

Logitech software is installed and I have modified the Driving Force GT config file due to a naming mismatch - the wheel is recognised as "Driving Force GT" not "Logitech Driving Force GT USB".

The config file when checked gives message of "appears good" now but when click start the exe screen appears and then just hangs and I have to shutdown from task manager.

Log file;

option -l with value `log.txt'
option -c with value `DrivingForceGT_G29_mod.xml'
option -p with value `COM3'
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
native mode is already enabled for HID device \\?\hid#vid_046d&pid_c29a#6&3ea35f6&2&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030} (PID=c29a)
Detected USB adapter: G29 PS4.
using default refresh period: 5.00ms
macros are not available for: joystick PS4 Controller (0)
Warning: can't open macro directory C:\Users\ToshBook\AppData\Roaming//gimx//macros/
0 1452880102.909048
0 1452880102.919049, wheel (718)

I have a genuine DS4 controller wired to the pc although it is a wireless one with the usb lead connecting it to the pc. I don't have a "wired controller". Maybe I have to get a proper "wired controller"?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many Thanks in advance,

xtcnrg
xtcnrg

Re: DFGT Can't Get Working

Post by xtcnrg »

Hi,

Update - the gimx blank screen does allow me to press buttons on the wheel in ProjectCars but the wheel does not appear under the control setup in ProjectCars so it is not being recognised correctly/fully.

Any ideas please - this is a great bit of software but I going round the bend! (not literally as cant get the wheel to steer me round it!)

Cheers.
xtcnrg

Re: DFGT Can't Get Working

Post by xtcnrg »

:idea: Finally working, followed this guide for the correct connection procedure;

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ ... 625/page-5

Had a few disconnections but think was due to the power setings on the netbook running GIMX.

A pointer for others - always need to config the steering wheel each time. Doesnt take long and is necessary to get the correct steering/turns ratio.

:D :D :D :D :D