GIMX randomly disconnects

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Zakspeed

GIMX randomly disconnects

Post by Zakspeed »

Hi everyone,

Firt of all I would like to thank you for this great software.

Yesterday I finally assembled the DIY adapter and worked perfectly during yesterday and a couple of hours today, I've played WRC5 demo, Sebastien Loeb Rally demo and DriveClub.
Then I started to have the same issue as the OP, it randomly disconnects after a while. Sometimes I'm able to reconnect it and sometimes not, gimx's black window closes with the message device not detected on the log file.
I have the Teensy 2.0 and the CP2102 and tried it with Windows 10 on desktop PC and Raspbian on a Raspberry, getting the same problem on both (yesterday worked fine on both) so I assume that something is wrong on the Teensy, DIY adapter or gimx.
Hope someone can help.
Matlo

Re: GIMX randomly disconnects

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
Please provide a full log generated when the problem happens.
Also check your USB cables, one of them may be defective.
GIMX creator
Zakspeed

Re: GIMX randomly disconnects

Post by Zakspeed »

Thanks for your answer.
The problem is solved, looks that the mini-b USB cable was cousing the issue. I'm also closing every program running before opening gimx i.e. adobe updater, dropbox, logitech profiler and this sort of programs running in background but I'm not sure if this is necessary.

Now is working well everytime. Thanks a lot Matlo, beeing able to use my g27 again is awesome.