GIMX on Raspberry Pi

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
yuichy

Re: GIMX on Raspberry Pi

Post by yuichy »

Hi, I use this software on Raspberry Pi.
When I start emu, sometimes it says 'Timer fired several times..." messages so many times and hanged up.
What should I do?
Best Regards.
yuichy

Post by yuichy »

I found that it depends on when I eject the keyboard.
Thank you.
shizzle_slick

Post by shizzle_slick »

Hi,

long time ago that I posted something. In the meanwhile I used gimx with my Sony Vaio (Bluetooth) only, but yesterday evening I installed (version 1.02) it on my raspberry,
using the latest Whezzy. After some difficulties with fixing the USB issue, I managed to run the software (was able to control the PS3 menue with the keyboard attached to the Pi).
I am using a Belkin bluetooth adapter (F8T001DE) and would like to know in which way I can test the adapter to add it to the "compatibility list". If I remove the adapter and plug it back to the
Pi and gimx works without binding the address to the adapter again, it could be listed under "WORKS (bdaddr changed permanently)", couldn`t it?

At the moment I have a DIGITUS USB2.0 cable hub (4-port) connected to the Pi, the bluetooth adapter is directly attached, the rest (mouse, keyboard) to the hub.

Regards,
Shizzle_Slick
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

The F8T001DE bluetooth adapter is an old bluetooth 1.1 adapter with a CSR bluecore 2 chip.
As told on the wiki, it is better to get a bluetooth 2.1 adapter with a CSR bluecore 4 chip.
GIMX creator
shizzle_slick

Post by shizzle_slick »

Thanks for the information!
So I will try to get a adapter with a CSR bluecore 4 chip.
Is there any possiblity to check the adapter (before buying it) if the used chip is suitable? I know the compatibilty list, but I have some
adapters I would like to check first and are not listed.

Regards,
Shizzle_Slick
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

The manufacturer and chip version are displayed in gimx-bluetooth.
GIMX creator
alvin129

Post by alvin129 »

Hi. I haven't played with my Raspberry Pi for a while and decided to install the latest Raspbian image on my Pi. All went well. I followed the instructions on the WIKI and tried to install GIMX but ran into problems running the last line. This is what I got:

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo gdebi gimx.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Building data structures... Done
Building data structures... Done

Requires the installation of the following packages:
libglu1-mesa libutempter0 libwxbase2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-0 xbitmaps xterm
Sixaxis emulator
This software emulates a sixaxis and allows to control the PS3 with mice, keyboards, or joysticks.
Do you want to install the software package? [y/N]:y
Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy/main libglu1-mesa armhf 8.0.5-4+deb7u2
404 Not Found
Fetched 0 B in 0s (0 B/s)
Error during install: 'Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/rasp ... _armhf.deb 404 Not Found

This was via SSH. I will try on the command line and also via Terminal on X Windows, but I am assuming it will be the same. Any thoughts.
alvin129

Post by alvin129 »

Update:

I tried via command line, and also on Terminal in X and it was the same. Is there something else I can do, or something I am doing wrong. I remember it was working fine a few months back, with just a couple of glitches (probably settings I needed to adjust).
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Did you try this before installing:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
GIMX creator
alvin129

Post by alvin129 »

Hmmmm...... I did do that immediately after installing Raspbian. I tried again from the beginning and GIMX appears to have installed properly. :) Thanks.