Profile for Vehicles in BF3

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
MarkBrand

Re: Profile for Vehicles in BF3

Post by MarkBrand »

BF3Tank2.zip

YMMV, but hope it helps.

<edit> I think DB may be interfering so it's in a ZIP.
Last edited by MarkBrand on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
bCloud09c

Post by bCloud09c »

Hmmm.... I get an error when I try to open the config in GIMX config editor. "error: could not parse file"
bCloud09c

Post by bCloud09c »

I tweaked my setting a bit this weekend, and have some vehicle settings that work quite well now. This is with my G700 mouse @ 5700 DPI.

x axis: DZ = 31, Mult = 13, Exp = .5, Shape = Circle, Buffer = 2, Filter = 1
y axis: DZ = 31, Mult = 19.54, Exp = .5, Shape = Circle, Buffer = 2, Filter= 1
MarkBrand

Post by MarkBrand »

I played around a bit more this weekend too and wound up about where I started (what's posted above). I'm pretty satisfied with the tank behavior, but getting very frustrated with other vehicles. Just when I think I get the jet working on the same profile as the tank, the helicopter is unplayable. I think I need to find all the BF3 PC controls, write down all the PS3 controls (the southpaw inverted stuff) and match everything up as best I can. At the very least I will have some cheat-sheets on what buttons I set up, but hopefully I can homogenize all vehicles into one profile - maybe two. This would be a whole lot easier if BF3 just let you redefine buttons. :evil:

BTW, have you ran into the problem when you're on profile 2 and you die and you can't get back into profile 1? The respawn screen just scrolls super fast, and even when you respawn it won't go back to 1. I have to stop/start the emu.

Come to think of it... I have my mouse thumb buttons switching profiles. I wonder if the spawn screen disables the mouse (usually the joysticks) temporarily and causes GIMX to lose the profile. :?
bCloud09c

Post by bCloud09c »

Yeah, the setup I posted actually just applies to tanks/IFVs, but not air support. Helicopters and jets will definitely require separate profiles, but I haven't even taken a look at those yet as I don't fly much.

With regards to the profile getting stuck, I can't say that I've seen the profile get stuck when I die.