[SOLVED] Logitech G700 Mouse: missing buttons

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
bCloud09c

[SOLVED] Logitech G700 Mouse: missing buttons

Post by bCloud09c »

Hi,

I'm configuring my mouse (G700) with gimx v 0.25, but it won't let me configure like half of the buttons on the mouse. Some of the buttons, like button_right, button_left, button_x1, button_x2 work fine, but the mouse also has 6 other buttons that should be able to be programmed. If your are familiar with the G700, I cant program the three buttons right next to the left click button, and I can't program the top two buttons in the cluster of four on the side of the mouse. If I hit these buttons during auto detect, nothing is detected. Is this a limitation of GIMX, or am I doing something wrong?

-Brandon
bCloud09c

Re: Logitech G700 Mouse

Post by bCloud09c »

I think I may have found a solution.

Using Logitech SetPoint, I have mapped ALL of the mouse keys to a keyboard mapping. Then, I'll enter that keyboard setup in my config file and hopefully it will pick up my mouse clicks and buttons from the associated keyboard mapping.

I can't test this out until I get home from work this evening, but let me know if you think this will work.

-Brandon
McKack

Post by McKack »

Issue 98

Setpoint method should work. I tried it out in Logitech Gaming Software to create an auto-fire button.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
bCloud09c

Post by bCloud09c »

Mapping the mouse buttons in setpoint to keyboard buttons, and then configuring keyboard buttons in GIMX worked like a charm!!!
bCloud09c

Post by bCloud09c »

McKack,

You could update issue 98 with my solution. I'm using all 13 of my G700 buttons now.

-Brandon
Matlo

Re: [SOLVED] Logitech G700 Mouse: missing buttons

Post by Matlo »

I updated issue 98.

Thanks.
GIMX creator
Adisopot

Post by Adisopot »

McKack wrote:Issue 98

Setpoint method should work. I tried it out in Logitech Gaming Software to create an auto-fire button.
I have a problem with getting half of my G700 buttons to work under Linux Mint 12 (Lisa). Under Win I have SetPoint and all is good. I have no idea how to make all buttons work. How to associate keyboard key with G700 G#'s buttons?
Game : PS3 CoD World At War ....
At they moment my setup is : (G1) RBM = aim, (G2)LMB=fire, (G3)BUTTON3=mele, MWHEELUP = secondary granade, MWHEELDOWN = primary granade, G4,G5,G6,G7,G8,G9,G10,G11 they do not work ... :(
I'd like to have setup like that :

G# Mouse button Keyboard
G4 C (crouch)
G6 SPACE (jump)
G7 R (reload)
G5 LSHIFT (run)
G8 1 (swap weapon)
G9 not assigned
G10 not assigned
G11 not assigned

Can you guide me how to get that thing to work ?
Thank a million