Real-time Console Input Control with GIMX - Feasibility and Guidance Requested

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
StarryDreamer

Real-time Console Input Control with GIMX - Feasibility and Guidance Requested

Post by StarryDreamer »

Hello GIMX community,

I am working on a project that involves developing an automated system that is capable of controlling the console, and I am considering using GIMX as a foundation for my project. My goal is to have the system send real-time input commands to the console (e.g., PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X) to control the console.

Before I dive deeper into the project, I would like to know if GIMX can support this functionality. Specifically, I have the following questions:

1. Can GIMX be extended or modified to send real-time input commands to the console programmatically (e.g., using Python)? If so, are there any existing examples, resources, or documentation on how to achieve this?

2. How does GIMX handle input command processing and sending to the console? Are there any limitations or potential issues that I should be aware of when attempting to implement real-time input control for such a system?

3. Are there any alternative solutions or approaches that you would recommend for achieving real-time input command control over a console?

I have tried using CronusZen, but it seems to be limited to running pre-created scripts and does not support sending modified commands in real-time. I am looking for a solution that can provide real-time control over the console inputs.

Any guidance, examples, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, as I want to ensure that GIMX is the right solution for my project before investing significant time and effort into customizing it for my needs.

Thank you in advance for your help and insights!
StarryDreamer

Found a Solution - Using Network API

Post by StarryDreamer »

Hello GIMX community,

After some more research and browsing through the forum, I came across a solution to my
previous query in the Development section: https://forum.gimx.fr/viewtopic.php?t=2628.

It turns out, the Network API provides a means to achieve input command control for the console,
which is exactly what I was looking for. I'm sharing this here in case anyone else stumbles upon this
thread with a similar question in the future.

I want to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to the entire GIMX community and its developers, especially Matlo,
for this fantastic work. The openness and collaborative spirit of this project have made this possible.
Open source projects like GIMX truly push the boundaries of software development and make it accessible for everyone.

Thank you once again for your support and for sharing your invaluable knowledge and resources.

Link to the Network API wiki page: https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Network_API.

Cheers!