Confirmation on what's needed for PS5 GT7 please

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
RagingBeard

Confirmation on what's needed for PS5 GT7 please

Post by RagingBeard »

I know there are threads discussing PS5, but I'm just looking for a concise answer from someone with experience with up to date knowledge.

To use my Simucube wheel, HE pedals, etc, can someone confirm for sure that I need a Hori Pad and a Drivehub (I already have a GIMX)?

Is there a specific gamepad needed, or just the Hori wired mini pad for kids?

Are there limitations?

Many thanks.
RagingBeard

Re: Confirmation on what's needed for PS5 GT7 please

Post by RagingBeard »

100 views but no reply :( is nobody using it on PS5 now then?
kruts

Post by kruts »

im in the exact same situation..sorry can help but looing for the same answer
RagingBeard

Post by RagingBeard »

Good luck, please update here if you find the answer elsewhere!

It's frustrating as there are people on this forum who can answer this for us...
Zero7159

Post by Zero7159 »

I tried this set up, only difference was Accuforce in place of Simicube, and I was able to connect and play, but the FFB was very smooth but with no texture. It does not feel nearly as good as when I use the Accuforce with PS4 via GIMX.
corporatezombi

Post by corporatezombi »

@Zero7159, I'm using an Accuforce wheel as a G27 (in GT7 set as G29) with the Hori controller and drive hub and Gimx, I can steer, but I'm getting reversed force feedback. i.e. the wheel tries to un-centre itself with the slightest turn. Did you have this issue? If so, how did you fix it? Thanks!
Sorry if this is a noob question, but I am a noob!
gster

Post by gster »

This setup is impossible to make work. I am using a GIMX g27 ps3 mode, DriveHub with latest firmware and a hori mini controller. Everything works but no FFB..

The drivehub recognizes the gimx as a thrustmaster TGT in GT7 PS5... NO FFB feel...
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Most poeple here uses GIMX with mouses and if they use it with steering wheels, it's mostly for PS4. Please keep in mind that PS5 is not officially supported. It may work but it's not guaranteed. That's why we can't provide support for it.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
corporatezombi

Post by corporatezombi »

gster wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:29 am This setup is impossible to make work. I am using a GIMX g27 ps3 mode, DriveHub with latest firmware and a hori mini controller. Everything works but no FFB..

The drivehub recognizes the gimx as a thrustmaster TGT in GT7 PS5... NO FFB feel...
That is weird! If the GIMX firmware is EMUG27 , like mine is, the drivehub should recognize it as G 2 7 on the display, mine goes from the figure 8 of race mode to showing G 2 7 then 0 on the display.

Then in gimx-config I've used G27 PS3 mode. When assigning all the buttons and wheel axes etc.

Then I use g29 wheel option inside Gran Turismo 7, and I get force feedback on my wheel.
Let me know if that helps! Maybe re-flash the GIMX to make sure that it is flashed with EMUG27.hex

I note that you have to quit and reload GT7 if the playstation goes into sleep mode, because force feedback is lost if the playstation 5 goes to sleep.

I also start the PS5 with the power button on the console.
Then start gimx launcher program on the PC
With the correct config selected on the launcher
Then press start on the Gimx launcher
Then drive hub displays G 2 7 0 G 2 7 0
Then I can log in on the playstation using my wheels buttons
then I can load Gran Turismo 7 on the playstation 5
Last edited by corporatezombi on Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
corporatezombi

Post by corporatezombi »

corporatezombi wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:00 pm @Zero7159, I'm using an Accuforce wheel as a G27 (in GT7 set as G29) with the Hori controller and drive hub and Gimx, I can steer, but I'm getting reversed force feedback. i.e. the wheel tries to un-centre itself with the slightest turn. Did you have this issue? If so, how did you fix it? Thanks!
I've solved this now:
I've found the setting inside gimx-config.
For those who need it it's

load your config file
Overall> Force feedback tweeks
Then click autodetect - and move your wheel
then check the invert direction checkbox
and save your config file
close and re-load gimx-launcher, reselect your profile, and your inverted force feedback is now fixed! yay!