NFS Rivals on PS4 with a DD wheel

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
elitehunt

NFS Rivals on PS4 with a DD wheel

Post by elitehunt »

Hi,
I am trying to play NFS Rivals with my simucube DD Wheel, but so far no success.
I set up GIMX , witch works with Grand Turismo, although the force feedback is somewhat lame and it tends to vibrate around center position.
NFS Rivals accepts only DS2 or 4, or Keyboard as HID.
When I started with GIMX, I believed that it uses a DS2 or 4 do make the console think the HID is a DS2 or a keyboard.
But obviously the game does not recognize the emulated Simicube DD wheel.

Can somebody explain to me what is going on?
As what does the wheel apear to the console? Or why does the game recognize that it is not communicating with a PS4 DS?
Best regards, John
GoDlike

Re: NFS Rivals on PS4 with a DD wheel

Post by GoDlike »

Hello,gimx does not emulate a Dualshock 4 when using a steering wheel. It emulates G29 steering wheel instead. You can't use that in games that don't support steering wheels.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
elitehunt

Post by elitehunt »

thanks for fast reply!
Could you tell me what the DS ccontroller, that has to be connected to the pc does? Does it only the supply the identification part of the usb protocoll?
And could you think of any approach to make a wheel work on this game? After all, older wheels, and I guess also the G29, only use potentiometers for the steering just like the original controllers.
sparclash

Post by sparclash »

elitehunt wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:03 pm thanks for fast reply! cuphead
Could you tell me what the DS ccontroller, that has to be connected to the pc does? Does it only the supply the identification part of the usb protocoll?
And could you think of any approach to make a wheel work on this game? After all, older wheels, and I guess also the G29, only use potentiometers for the steering just like the original controllers.
I have the same question. Hope someone can explain in more detail.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Oh I'm sorry I missed that post before. Yes the controller just sends the authentication signal. It can alps be used as an input device if configured in config.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike