gimx does not allow to update firmware

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
tonietlo83

gimx does not allow to update firmware

Post by tonietlo83 »

Hello, first of all I apologize for my English since I use the translator.
I have been using the store bought gimx for over a year now and have had no problems.I have gone to use it and it has not worked, and when I want to reinstall the firmware it gives me the following error just when I disconnect and reconnect the adapter to the PC:
"Connecting to programmer: .avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding".
I don't know if I should restore the source code, or what to do. The gimx is connected to a usb on the motherboard.
and if it were the case of reinstalling the source code, how is it done and what files must be inserted.
Thanks in advance for your help
ckaiycool

Re: gimx does not allow to update firmware

Post by ckaiycool »

Hi.
When you installed all drivers and programs that follows with the gimx software -Did you restart your computer? (really common having problems if not restarting after installation.)
Try install everything again and restart then start the gimx launcher and try update the firmware.
tonietlo83

Post by tonietlo83 »

Yes, I have restarted the PC. And the problem continues. I have also used all available usb ports.
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

Check all the cables on the adapter, are they all in contact?
The cable you use, is it official sony cable? (Test other cables)
Do you see your adapter connected in device manager?
tonietlo83

Post by tonietlo83 »

Yes, it is in device manager. I use the original cable that came with the adapter, and I have also tried different cables in case that is the problem, but the same thing happens.
I get to the step that says to unplug the adapter and plug it back in and that's on the black screen where the message appears.
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

Try unplug/ replug the other end of the adapter when updating.
tonietlo83

Post by tonietlo83 »

I've tried unplugging one, then the other, both, and it doesn't work either way. I only hear the warning from the computer when I plug the adapter into the pc, when I plug in the end of the cable nothing is heard, nothing connected comes out, not even as an unknown usb.
I have tried with another pc and the same problem arises.
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

I think you have a bad connection on one of the thin cables on the adapter. Please check that you don't have a bridge on the adapters solderpoints.
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

Try install these drivers for the UART https://www.silabs.com/documents/public ... Driver.zip
tonietlo83

Post by tonietlo83 »

Hello. Sorry for the delay in answering you. When I was going to take the photos for you to see, I removed the transparent plastic cover and noticed that there was a connection that moved between the two plates. I proceeded to solder it again and now it has successfully loaded the firmware and works properly. Thank you very much for your great help.