OSW Mmos to PS5

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
GeekyDeaks

Re: OSW Mmos to PS5

Post by GeekyDeaks »

isamu wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:19 pm Hi guys. For those of you using DD wheels, Just out of curiosity what degree of rotation do you have your wheel set to? 900º? 540º? 360º? Is it possible to use GIMX to trick Gran Turismo 7 into thinking your "virtual" G29 is set to 540º? If so, how can I accomplish this? I don't mind using 900º but if possible I'd prefer setting it to 540º instead.
When I switch to another car, I check the logs from GIMX to see what the rotation is and then set the same value in the Alpha Magic app. I guess it could be a bit tiresome if you are constantly switching cars, but I tend to stick to the same one for a while
sakserv

Post by sakserv »

isamu wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:19 pm Hi guys. For those of you using DD wheels, Just out of curiosity what degree of rotation do you have your wheel set to? 900º? 540º? 360º? Is it possible to use GIMX to trick Gran Turismo 7 into thinking your "virtual" G29 is set to 540º? If so, how can I accomplish this? I don't mind using 900º but if possible I'd prefer setting it to 540º instead.
You need to manually set the rotation in Truedrive. As GeekyDeaks said, you'll get a log entry in the GIMX command window indicating what the rotation is for the current car. Set it appropriately in Truedrive. AFAIK, there is no "auto" like logitech wheels have built it, so you have to look every time you switch cars.
sakserv

Post by sakserv »

GeekyDeaks wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:49 pm Hey all. One more build pushed to github: https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/GIMX/rele ... 8.0-g29c.4

This one tries to simply stretch the lower values being sent to the G29 to help smooth out changes in direction. It uses different parameters to the previous approach, so you will need to update the profile xml. An example of what I have currently been using with my simagic is as follows:

Code: Select all

<g29_correction min_gain="20" range_start="1000" range_end="10000"/>
The range is actually the FFB constant force values, not the axis. What this tries to do is map the FFB values from 1,000 - 10,000 to something closer to 0 - 10,000, but still applying a minimum gain to stop it being forced to 0.

I might actually stick with this for a while for some longer testing as it feels ok on my setup using the same Alpha Manager settings I have for AC/AMS2. The only bit I am not 100% happy with is that the FFB goes a little light just as you start moving the car, but it quickly gains some weight.

Anyhow, see how you get on....
I had to be away for a bit and just had a chance to try v4. Thank you again, it is working great!
isamu

Post by isamu »

sakserv wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:52 pm
You need to manually set the rotation in Truedrive. As GeekyDeaks said, you'll get a log entry in the GIMX command window indicating what the rotation is for the current car. Set it appropriately in Truedrive. AFAIK, there is no "auto" like logitech wheels have built it, so you have to look every time you switch cars.
Thanks for the reply but what is "True Drive"? Is that a feature related to SimuCube? If so, that doesn't apply to me, since I don't own a SimuCube wheel...I own a Leo Bodnar Sim Steering wheel.
i_max2k2

Post by i_max2k2 »

hi all,

some great work here. i recently upgraded to a SC2 pro, and built a GIMX adapter. I’m new to Simucube, could some please post their true drive profile.

i managed to get everything working with GT7 and drivehub. but one odd thing that was happening is i’m receiving some feedback before it’s happening. i’ll use the patch from here and report back.
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

i_max2k2 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:24 pm hi all,

some great work here. i recently upgraded to a SC2 pro, and built a GIMX adapter. I’m new to Simucube, could some please post their true drive profile.

i managed to get everything working with GT7 and drivehub. but one odd thing that was happening is i’m receiving some feedback before it’s happening. i’ll use the patch from here and report back.
just find it from True Drive Online Paddock , there is one added already
Foton

Post by Foton »

Hi all. I have a SimCub 2 Pro and did everything according to the instructions. Thanks a lot to GeekyDeaks for the improvements.
Everything really works well, but I feel a big feedback dip in the middle, especially when going through various high-speed turns, such as red water at Spa or a series of chicanes in daytona, the first sector in Suzuka.
Has anyone been able to solve this problem or somehow compensate for the settings?
I tried to change both the configuration settings in GIMIX and in Simcube. Couldn't find anything good :(
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

Foton wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:36 am Hi all. I have a SimCub 2 Pro and did everything according to the instructions. Thanks a lot to GeekyDeaks for the improvements.
Everything really works well, but I feel a big feedback dip in the middle, especially when going through various high-speed turns, such as red water at Spa or a series of chicanes in daytona, the first sector in Suzuka.
Has anyone been able to solve this problem or somehow compensate for the settings?
I tried to change both the configuration settings in GIMIX and in Simcube. Couldn't find anything good :(
I am testing a new setting ( added the spring to 100 in GIMX)
and adjusted some settings in TD too.

will share when all good later
and I am going to get a Fanatec DD pro for compare the FFB
GeekyDeaks

Post by GeekyDeaks »

Foton wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:36 am Hi all. I have a SimCub 2 Pro and did everything according to the instructions. Thanks a lot to GeekyDeaks for the improvements.
Can I just confirm you are using the build that ends in '.4'? The earlier builds mistakenly try to correct the FFB around the zero point of the axis, whereas .4 smooths out the FFB values instead irrespective of the angle of the wheel. I should probably remove the earlier versions from github!

https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/GIMX/rele ... 8.0-g29c.4
Foton

Post by Foton »

GeekyDeaks wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:54 am
Can I just confirm you are using the build that ends in '.4'? The earlier builds mistakenly try to correct the FFB around the zero point of the axis, whereas .4 smooths out the FFB values instead irrespective of the angle of the wheel. I should probably remove the earlier versions from github!

https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/GIMX/rele ... 8.0-g29c.4
That's right, I'm using version .4
I have been following your developments from the very beginning. Once I got all the necessary devices, I tried the latest version.
https://i.gyazo.com/37b4268c401f6ca243f ... a25151.png

I deleted all previous profiles and downloaded Logitech G27_G29 on first launch of v.4. After that I added the line
<g29_correction min_gain="20" range_start="1000" range_end="10000"/>

And then I tested various settings for my SimCube. I still don't understand how to remove the void in the middle :(
I want to try on PS4 without DriveHib and compare the feedback.