Is the TS-XW supported by GIMX?

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Marka

Is the TS-XW supported by GIMX?

Post by Marka »

Hello,
I am new here in the forum and have a relatively simple question. Can I drive the new GT7 with my Thrustmaster TS-XW base via GIMX on the PS4? I have unfortunately found nothing in the forum whether GIMX supports my TS-XW base.

If it is supported: How well can I expect the force feedback, since it probably simulates a G29? Is there any way that GIMX can simulate my base as a T-GT on the PS4?

With kind regards
Marka
GeekyDeaks

Re: Is the TS-XW supported by GIMX?

Post by GeekyDeaks »

Marka wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:16 pm Can I drive the new GT7 with my Thrustmaster TS-XW base via GIMX on the PS4?
I think you will be fine. GIMX can map any axis visible by the OS onto the wheel and pedals emulated for the PS4
Marka wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:16 pm How well can I expect the force feedback, since it probably simulates a G29?
Tricky to say how well the FFB will be as there are a lot of variables. I'd say just give it a go and see, but expect to play around a bit to get it working well.
Marka wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:16 pm Is there any way that GIMX can simulate my base as a T-GT on the PS4?
Not at present and unless TM do what logitech did and release the details of the wheel's USB protocol, I suspect it will remain that way.
Marka

Re: Is the TS-XW supported by GIMX?

Post by Marka »

@GeekyDeaks

Thank you for your detailed reply. This has helped me a lot. :D