Unable To Update Firmware

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
GIMXUser42069

Unable To Update Firmware

Post by GIMXUser42069 »

Hello,

About 6 months ago I purchased a GIMX adapter from the official GIMX store and it was working flawlessly until about 3 weeks ago, when I started getting "Failed to read firmware type." errors constantly, which persist through system reboots. Trying to start GIMX gives the error "Error: failed to read packet header from the GIMX adapter" and following the troubleshooting tips that pop up in the next window did not help. When I try to update the firmware following the instructions, nothing happens and the process times out with the error "No new device found within 10 seconds."

The exact steps to reproduce the problem are these:
1. Plug GIMX adapter into USB port on computer
2. Plug supplied micro USB cable into GIMX adapter, and USB A end into the same computer as the GIMX adapter
3. In Gimx-launcher, update firmware, select EMUPS3.hex and load
4. Unplug, then replug the USB cable from my computer when prompted
At this point, nothing appears to happen and the process times out with the error "No new device found within 10 seconds." The same problem happens when using a different micro USB cable, which also supports data transfer.
In step 4, if I unplug/replug the GIMX adapter itself, a command window opens and eventually gives the following error: https://pastebin.com/dPqGmPQ1

Additional information:
Gimx-launcher version 8.0 x86_64 (to my knowledge, I've always and only used version 8.0)
Windows 10 x64 18363
Adapter purchased from official GIMX shop
Target platform: PS3 superslim (CECH-4301A)
Controller: DualSense (going through DS4Windows, so GIMX recognizes it as an Xinput controller)

Any help is appreciated, and of course I'm happy to supply any desired information. Thank you!
kaiba_seto2004

Re: Unable To Update Firmware

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Can you try on another PC?
If the same thing happened, your adapter would be fault.
PS4 enthusiast.
GIMXUser42069

Post by GIMXUser42069 »

I tried it on another computer and the same issue happens. Do you think there's anything else I can try before going to customer support? Thank you for your help, of course.
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

I would check if the adapter has loose wires or any burnt component just incase.
Since it has worked before.
Just cut open the shrink tube carefuly.

If you find any visual faults on the adapter and are able to fix it, wrap it with electrical tape afterwards.